Blade of Balance, V2

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I think that both swords should have abilities that will merge together if they are fused to create the super uber omgwtfbbq sword of ultimate justice. For example, Felewyn's Whatever will have a special charged ability (with a white chargebar! <3) which will fire a bolt of concentrated energy which deals a large amount of damage to undead and heal allies, while Torkalath's Saywhatnow will give you the ability to sacrifice some of your life to deal moderate amounts of damage to any creature.

When fused, Urdual's Thingummy will have an ability which sacrifices your life to fire a bolt of energy which will deal large amounts of damage to a monster (regardless of alignment) and it will heal people over an area if it hits an ally.

Just an idea, of course.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Why don't you just call the sword "God".

I think we need less ultimate weapons and more original ones.

The Blade of Urdual sounds original enough.
Should be to par with the currently good swords, though.

If we keep pushing the max weapon damage we'll eventually hit a wall where people can just one hit slash their way through everywhere, and we need to make difficult maps that only those of ultimate strength with ultimate weapons and armor would dare enter.

Fadda

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Evaan said:
If we keep pushing the max weapon damage we'll eventually hit a wall where people can just one hit slash their way through everywhere, and we need to make difficult maps that only those of ultimate strength with ultimate weapons and armor would dare enter.

Which is what most of the high level players want. :p

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Me neither.

Fuck all the other high levels with their "omg mape 2 ez i vant dis gaem 2b moar leike wolrd of warrkraft w/ mega dmg & 1337 itamz".

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The only "high levels" I know that say that are ones that where caught cheating (Pimpsta). I believe the reasoning behind it was he wanted harder maps with better loot he could cheat and get, while normal players would take 6 hours to beat the map.

If you haven't noticed the weapons coming out aren't really better than anything we already had:

Blood Axe = Great axe with less damage, little more accuracy and 10% damage to healing

Greater Thunder Axe = Great Axe with terrible lightning DoT

Dark Sword is only good because of the charge, but I still don't use it over a GIB unless its a high HP monster with medium to low armor.

Lightning Rod, and Demon Claws are upgrades in their categories, but they only bring MA and BA closer to being on par with swords.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yeah, so, umm, what I actually meant is: I don't want any "1337 itamz" in this game because the stronger a weapon is, the stronger new monsters will be, and the harder it'll be to take them down, which will increase the time to complete a map, and that will probably make this game amazingly boring.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Yeah, so, umm, what I actually meant is: I don't want any "1337 itamz" in this game because the stronger a weapon is, the stronger new monsters will be, and the harder it'll be to take them down, which will increase the time to complete a map, and that will probably make this game amazingly boring.

I <3 flawed logc.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
and that will probably make this game amazingly boring.

Which is why I'm aiming for different sorts of maps (story maps, quest maps, exploration maps, etc)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

I <3 flawed logc.
Sure, you can kill stronger monsters faster with new, stronger weapons, but guess what,
1) Not everybody has new, stronger weapons.
2) Not everybody has the strongest weapons available now.
3) To get strong weapons (that are available now), one must wade through waves and assloads of monsters, which can be very boring.
4) To acquire new, stronger weapons in the future, I do not even want to imagine what people will have to go through.
5) Bottom line: if a new stronger weapon gets added, everybody will be slowed down/annoyed by new, stronger monsters, until everybody, yes, everybody has the new, stronger weapon.
6) Since you can't even spell "logic", I am not expecting you to understand this.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh heres the best part: The new stronger monsters will give the XP of a flayer, but take 20x longer to kill.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Oh heres the best part: The new stronger monsters will give the XP of a flayer, but take 20x longer to kill.

Truth!

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Pfft, I share your view, but I know people who're a lower level than I am but have more health than me, so I'll just go and... skulk in that... corner over there.

:oops: