[Application] - Character Animator, Game Designer

Con Artist

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Character Animator:

I am currently the lead Character Animator for Wizard Wars, a phantasy HL modification. Some video samples of my style of "realism" animation are located below.. (COPY AND PASTE URLs)

(Set your Windows Media Player to "loop" for best results)

http://www.planethalflife.com/wizardwar ... /Character Animations - Con Artist/Aeromancer/10.10.04-Aero_Crouch_Idle_Concept.avi

http://www.planethalflife.com/wizardwar ... /Character Animations - Con Artist/Aeromancer/10.10.04-Aero_Stand_Idle_Concept.avi

http://www.planethalflife.com/wizardwar ... /Character Animations - Con Artist/Aeromancer/10.10.04-Aero_Walk.avi

I can only show those videos at the moment but am willing to show more with MS's characters including non Human ones. I can animate any character.

Game Designer:

I am well familiar with all roles in a development team especially the coder's and modeler's. I am able to see what the team can produce and come up with creative designs to make use of the talent that is given. I have a history of creative game design ranging from realism to epic gameplay mechanics. Need a sample of a game idea? We'll have to arrange a voice confrence for that.

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
We need a dedicated animator. The first two seem okay and the one I want to see the most (the last / third one) doesn't seem to work. I do know Wizard Wars and played it once myself, has some interesting ideas, such as the ridable dragons.

- Ewok

Con Artist

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Link has been fixed. I emailed the person as requested on the front page of this site. Let me know what's up. Currently I work on anims when I have time available, usually at week nights from 9:30pm PST - 2am PST and on days when I have off. Keep me informed and like I said, I can show more with MS's character should you decide to give me the mesh and textures.

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Looks great. Thanks for fixing that.

Yeah, definitely want to see what you can do with the ms characters.

- Ewok

Con Artist

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll be eagerly awaiting the next steps of my application.

P.S. Can someone tell me in a small summary about the original MS, I loved playing the mod but stopped for a long while and then I see MS: Continued, answer me the following questions and I'll be on my way. :)

1) Has the development of MS come to a hault?

2) Why haven't the majorirty of MS developers switch to MS: Continued?

3) Are the goals for Continued similar to the original or can we expect a significant change?

4) Is Continued going to "continue" the legacy of keeping the mod a MMORPG?

Sorry for the questions but I can't help to know the truth. :)

P.S.S. Does anyone remember "Chrome" from MS? I was he and submitted samples of my voice work for one of their voice actor contest, they never contacted me ever since I submitted them, but they did like them. :D

ante_delonge

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I remember you... Where did Nasty leave? I know he was kind of an asshole :roll: But I liked his sounds he made for MS.

Red Dragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Con Artist said:
1) Has the development of MS come to a hault?

The original MS, yes. This is the exact same thing, only with more stuff, and a new dev team.

Con Artist said:
2) Why haven't the majorirty of MS developers switch to MS: Continued?

Because they went to work on Era of Legends, which is essentially Master-Sword 2, for HL2

Con Artist said:
3) Are the goals for Continued similar to the original or can we expect a significant change?

I'm not sure what you mean, but you can expect more of the MS we all know and love! (Bugless of course :p)

Con Artist said:
4) Is Continued going to "continue" the legacy of keeping the mod a MMORPG?

I don't think it was ever an MMORPG, maybe a MORPG, but yes, it will stay this way

Con Artist said:
P.S.S. Does anyone remember "Chrome" from MS? I was he and submitted samples of my voice work for one of their voice actor contest, they never contacted me ever since I submitted them, but they did like them. :D

Chrome?....Chrono!? CHRONO!!!! <3

Red Dragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It's based 400 years later.

It's still the same world.

I said essentially :p

In essence!

Con Artist

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So what's the status on my application? Has it been reviewed by the head "hancho"? (project leader)

And what about a possible Game Designer position? I know it's too much to ask for a stop in this area but trust me, with my knowledge and know how I can contribute greatly to this modification.

Please email me my status.

Con Artist

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Kuroneko said:
I think these are indeed awesome. I would like to see you work with the MS characters.

Does the team have the original .3ds file of the characters or even a .max file so I can rig and animate? If so then please send them to my email.

Have you recieved my email Kuroneko? I sent it as required and mentioned on the jobs link.