Apothecary

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Nothing big here. I'm going to create a simple apothecary building. Pretty much all it will have in it is a Health and Mana potion seller. There's also a hidden area only after a special requirement is met.

That's not all. Maybe if I can get Thothie to make a lot of potions and junk loot from variety of monsters and then get a NPC to use them to brew better pots.

Maybe something like...

Potion of Strength: Increases strength by 5 for 10 minutes. //Need 10 Orc Blood and 10 Boar Rib.

or

Vial of Demon Blood: You guys already know what this is. //Need 5 Kharaztorant Acolyte's Cursed Charms, 10 Kharaztorant Larva's Blood, and 2 Kharaztorant Childre's Claws

You get the picture.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Problem is. The current loot system stops you holding more than a set amount. If all this monster loot is added, it's gonna take up a lot of inventory space.

Other than that, I like the idea.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Xeropace said:
Problem is. The current loot system stops you holding more than a set amount. If all this monster loot is added, it's gonna take up a lot of inventory space.

Unless you make it like a currency system, a la gold.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Xeropace said:

Unless you make it like a currency system, a la gold.

Well, I think making them stackable (like arrows) would kill the game (which is why arrows can't be picked up anymore) and making an item work like gold would require a char wipe (Thothie's char wipe senses are tingling). I'm not sure if gold requires special things to work, but I'm pretty sure it does.

In other words, dunno that it's possible to make them anything but separate items ;-)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Potion of Strength: Increases strength by 5 for 10 minutes. //Need 10 Orc Blood and 10 Boar Rib.
This is basically in the lines of the alchemy/mining system.

At the moment, I can’t increase a stat temporarily. Strength, and all other stats, are determined by your various weapon training skills.

Stackable items can’t be traded in groups, apparently, which is why the arrow storage system failed.

It might be possible to do through the quest system (I’d have to add some new string functions to the script, but that shouldn’t be hard). It’d still have a chance to overflow your character, but may be less likely to, if I say have 1 character and token separator per type.

It'd have to be part of a sizable map to make it worth trying to script for though.

No custom content here, moving to chatter.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Signeee

anyway...
I think it could be modded into an existing map ...or into a new map...like eswen sylen that littlefrodo is making