Anti-Cheat Measures

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Most of my experience with SQL comes from writing TSRP plugins, and subsequent web pages to show their stats and such. But the point of using SQL for this would NOT be to use it to save players, but rather to collect their info and compare it over time with an easier to read method than loading up rollbacks one by one and comparing them. I've got the whole design worked out in my head, and it seems feasible, but I'm going to invest time it in unless you guys think it would help weed out cheaters.

Feel free to try to reverse engineer the character encryption for such a purpous. With the new Art money thing out, it really isn't doing anygood anymore anyways.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Hrm... Good luck with that 'un Shuri ;-)

Make sure to encrypt the hell out of anything you send to Thothie. I can help you out with such a thing, if need be.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
does art money even work anymore? I thought we added memory encryption which made it useless.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
how about we don't hand out the code to anybody who wants to look at it: too easy to just look at the code for character encryption...it defeats the purpose...

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't think the encryption has been compromised, but there are certain variables that are not encrypted that affect things that are.

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think we should enable Thothie to wiretap all servers, especially foreign servers. We could call it the Patriot's Act. People who cheat are terrorists, and it's our duty to bring them to justice!

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Hey, if it were possible, I would have long ago given Thothie a password that would let him into any locked server ;-)

Sadly, it's not..