Abandoned [WIP] Archives - These Maps Need Mappers!

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
okay...id rather want to make it a green skinned orc stronghold...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I *really* don't have time to write up Borch orcs right now... Sides, I kinda see them more in the wild. Also the sign in Lostcastle says its a Blackhand strong hold - and I ain't re-writing it.

I *just* finished Wicard Oven's Maldora cameo. (2038 line script - damn thing practically has its own AI). I gotta do a few easy Voldar related scripts, then I gotta move on to bandits and their bosses, as well as test a few new items for rewards for all this stuff - and then Crow's insanely difficult stuff, which includes Maldora-deluxe... Work with what ya got; gods know there's enough of it not being used.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well yes but id like to have some green skinned orcs somewhere...i miss thoose green skinned orcs from ms 1.3...did you make a test swamp orc or something?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Franswa needs to learn that there is such a thing as overdetailing and underoptimizing...

i'm taking over tundra/mines, going to try to work a compile out of the ms_mines2 rmf...i should be able to, i see the problem with it.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
i'm not doing "run" anymore its gotten to hard, errors keep popping up all the time :(

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
just leaks that i can't find and even usign the pointfile confuses me

acually i fixed the errors but its just the leaks :(

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
make a large box around the map and put purple lights everywhere on the outside of the map, and deactivate all other lights inside the map

using a torch, find your way around the map and locate any purple light sources.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ms_mine2 now works.

i'll be working on it for awhile, finishing up the brushwork, which is most definately NOT finished...still some non-connected bits and such lying around.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
ms_mine2 now works.

i'll be working on it for awhile, finishing up the brushwork, which is most definately NOT finished...still some non-connected bits and such lying around.

this means ms_snow will be connected to ms_mine2 instead?
ps. add polarbear cubs somewhere

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
already intended to gurluas, probably out in front of the castle gate thing that isn't connected to anything.

and yeah, it'll be connected to this instead, unless someone wants to make an all new tundra to connect this to and connect that to...but i'm not going to...

(by the way...took around 4 hours to optimize it enough to compile, and i shall continue adding things until it does not compile any more...just like bloodrose :D)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
already intended to gurluas, probably out in front of the castle gate thing that isn't connected to anything.

and yeah, it'll be connected to this instead, unless someone wants to make an all new tundra to connect this to and connect that to...but i'm not going to...

(by the way...took around 4 hours to optimize it enough to compile, and i shall continue adding things until it does not compile any more...just like bloodrose :D)

sweet, :) perhaps some weak marogar scouts...

Oedipus

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Just had a look at the rmf for run and only *real* problem is a func_ladder thats invalid although it looks like a triagular prism to me so dont know whats with that. anyways no leaks unless you make them yourself ;)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
mmmyes, likely he made them himself...

ms_mine2 had about 30 leaks, i got those fixed...took about..an hour and a half? course, the pointfile was a big help - even if it was just a ton of red squiggly lines through ervrethun

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
mmmyes, likely he made them himself...

ms_mine2 had about 30 leaks, i got those fixed...took about..an hour and a half? course, the pointfile was a big help - even if it was just a ton of red squiggly lines through ervrethun

im looking forward alot to see what this turns out like :)... finally the tune ms_tundra can be used aswell

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Not sure if it is worthy of this post but someone could work on my abondoned project. Evil said he was on it, but his list is way too big already.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:
Not sure if it is worthy of this post but someone could work on my abondoned project. Evil said he was on it, but his list is way too big already.

what is the name of it?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
No name and thoth should have everything I have

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Shall I add it to the [WIP] archive?

Lemme put it together, take it bit, had a lot of unique textures, iirc.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Here ya go:
(Updated front page too):

- BARNUM'S ARMOR MAP - (technically unnamed) (60% complete)
HAS NO OFFICIAL! CARETAKER
barnum_hammer.gif
barnum_hammer2.gif

Barnum's Armor Map is a dungeon/castle map featuring the animated armor boss. Distribution of the Dark Sword and Urdulian Shield items have been on hold waiting on this map's completion.
Formats: RMF, BSP (sans rad)
Have Wads: Wads included in archive
Solids: 90% complete
Lighting: none
Texturing: Complete
Entities: 60% (some misuse)
Needs Expansion: Lots
Issues: I don't think there are real leaks, so much as just open walls where Barnum was expanding. There's some misunderstanding as to how some entities work, apparently (func_wall used as a door, etc). Concept is solid though, and there's some good aesthetics and texture use. I suggest giving up getting the armor boss to "sit" in the chair, unless you make the chair illusionary. Again, the distribution of the Dark Sword and Urdulian Shield items have been on hold waiting on this map's completion.
LINK TO SOURCE (also in complete wip archive, linked on top post):
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev1/barnum_armor_map.rar

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Bah. Quit messing around with these maps and work on the ones in my thread :D I have something in store for ya'll, but I need people to make my maps :(

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
give me a map layout and I will build you the frame work for the map, the few things I am good at when it comes to mapping is geometry. :D