• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I WANNA HELP!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
mk... i was wondering... if 1.) it would be ok to do this... being as who ever would want to par-take on the team of this would be using names and such from ms(c). and 2.) if its ok would anyone want to be on the team?

it wouldnt be nothing HUGE or special... but i think it would be a nice little side thing...

any, idea's suggestions or comments?

wipbt0.png

Wip Of player

NO! the game will not be made by RMXP...

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I've had similar thoughts myself, in the past.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Lanethan said:
I've had similar thoughts myself, in the past.

Kool, so far 1 person is with me :p i wanna see other ppls opinions too "good or bad idea"

Hellious

New Adventurer
Reaction score
tbh you'll be wasting time, and dragging us a little bit away from MS:C itself won't help the ingame community..not like it would have much affect..err....dont ask me

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I keep wanting to make a java based cell-phone MMORPG, that people could play while waiting at the post office an such, maybe with graphics at around that quality. Maybe I'll move onto that when MS:S gets released / sun expldoes.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
it was a reference to the original release date of MSC....

"Before the sun explodes"

but then people argued that the sun would implode - meh.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
What language did you have in mind, ceriux?

I was going to make the third version of my calculator game to be more like Master Sword. However, I was going to do real maps and such and the idea of having many lines of

if x > 30 and y < 15 and..

to make sure that players weren't crossing walls sounded painful, especially when it came to lines that weren't horizontal or vertical. I had a few ideas for systems on it, but I just gave up and said that my 2nd version of it was just fine >_>

[/rambling]

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
What language did you have in mind, ceriux?

I was going to make the third version of my calculator game to be more like Master Sword. However, I was going to do real maps and such and the idea of having many lines of

to make sure that players weren't crossing walls sounded painful, especially when it came to lines that weren't horizontal or vertical. I had a few ideas for systems on it, but I just gave up and said that my 2nd version of it was just fine >_>

[/rambling]

well, the engines already pre made and compiled but u can get the source to it... to add features ect... but what i was going to do with it didnt require any scripting... unless there was a scripter that new vb that wanted to help lol... its a engine similar to this one. http://www.splamm.com/elysium/

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Games that small usually work on a grid with each section of the grid having storage properties. You just see the properties of X,Y on the grid (sometimes a two dimensional array) has a WALL attribute flag, you don't cross it.

I made a LOT of games like that for the Apple II and TSR-80 COCO (back before most of you kids were born) - so I had a lot of practice in dealing with low res graphics and game grids that all became useless when everything went 3D.

...granted, the cell phones are going 3D too now. So soon it'll be useless knowledge again.

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If one can do it and you have the blessing/permission of the original creator (Lanethan already seems to have your back on the thought of the idea), then yes. If it's too much of a hassle, then no.

I'd be willing to go with it.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Games that small usually work on a grid with each section of the grid having storage properties. You just see the properties of X,Y on the grid (sometimes a two dimensional array) has a WALL attribute flag, you don't cross it.

I made a LOT of games like that for the Apple II and TSR-80 COCO (back before most of you kids were born) - so I had a lot of practice in dealing with low res graphics and game grids that all became useless when everything went 3D.

...granted, the cell phones are going 3D too now. So soon it'll be useless knowledge again.

Could work, but did I mention it's a calculator? >_> Without lists, you can only have 27 variables. A-Z + omega for some odd reason. I may work on that again, one day, but there were some other problems with things like memory running out REALLY fast. The only garbage collection brings up a menu and asks the user if they want to use it. Kinda off putting for a game to have a prompt every 2 minutes on whether or not they want to garbage collect.

Also the fact that I have yet to find a good Assembly language guide or compiler (I could start learning if I had the compiler and list of commands, that's how I made the first version, essentially). Basic has real problems with graphics. And a 94 x 62 screen also leaves very little room to work with maps that aren't done Zelda style.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
anyways the post on this says differnt, but yea website almost done.

http://www.msc2d.co.nr/

freewebs is in matainance so i cant continue the work i was doing on it. "no i didnt steal the layout. i actualy did 90% of it with my own knoledge of html. only thing i stole was colors oh and some sizes on things.

Forum if anyone wants to join.

nother update on his sprite.

some comments on him please.

wippr9.png