LOL Sony

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
PS3 i believe will be better then everything out there..... it will just be too expensive. that is why im not getting one

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I'd take a GeForce 8800 GTX over the Playstation 3's "Reality Synthesizer" any day. Also, the Cell processor will be beaten by Intel's and AMD's quad-core processors soon enough.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
however microsoft is pushing to get their lateset system moddable so people can use mods on even a console. Still doesn't best the computer, altho I must say I am excited for the Wii.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
haaaaaah mods on a console, that makes me laugh ;)

not many people are gonna want to mod for consoles, since PC mods allow them much more free space, and ease of modding..

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
haaaaaah mods on a console, that makes me laugh ;)

not many people are gonna want to mod for consoles, since PC mods allow them much more free space, and ease of modding..

Those are already existant, NOOBS! Haven't any of you heard of mod-chips? Not popular in the U.S. (thanks to patent laws and the such), but they are widely accepted in Europe (I've never even been to Europe, yet even I know this!).

Basically a mod-chip detects a loaded game, or has a game stored on it, and either modifies the detected game; or the pre-loaded game is pre-modified on it. They can act as awesome portable harddrives for playstation-2's (since they exist for them).

If you have a full-sized console for the PS-2, look on the back... there is a plastic thingy that you can pop out; in the event that you find the things I have mentioned, you stick'em in there :D

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Netrogor, you are talking about the wrong type of modding.

Modding a console = putting a certain chip in it to circumvent the protection system. I am going to get my Xbox modded next month (finally).

Modding on a console = making expansions of games, modifications (as MasterSword: Continued is a mod for Half-Life).

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Yea I know :(

The mods for playstation games are really expensive and difficult to setup, and a slow process allowing one, or maybe even two, mods on at a time...

Whereas on Half-Life, you can have about twenty mods at a time (i.e.-my own games list with 20+ mods) :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I dun do game consoles - I manage to destroy more than enough of my free time (and some of my not so free time) on the PC here... I dun much understand bashing them either, seems a bit of cash-envy to me... Still...

I just came back from Fry's picking up a new keyboard... There is a line of camping tents, going all around the warehouse at my Fry's - quardened off by a bit of yellow tape. All people, camping at Fry's Electronics (the big warehouse puter store in these parts) - waiting for the PS3.

I was further told, that at the Fry's in LA - they have the same thing going, except it's actually dominated a large section of the considerably huge mall parking lot (we're talking several acres of land here), and leaked into the next block.

...and there are still several more days until the actual release... They are expecting the campers to completely dominated two or three city blocks before the release here in OC... I shudder to think what LA is going to look like.

The best bit is, I saw a bunch of them huddled around a portable generator and a television. I looked a bit closer and noticed they were playing games on it... With an X-box. ><

...wish I had my camera on me at the time...

Sony's stocks have been plumeting like mad for months though... If you want a real laugh, you should see the message board commentaries for the SNE stocks. I view quite a few stocks, and I've never seen another with so many nutty comments that sound like they were left by teens:
http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/SNE

I suspect they'll come out alright though, and likely drive the prices of all the other game consoles up as a result.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The best bit is, I saw a bunch of them huddled around a portable generator and a television. I looked a bit closer and noticed they were playing games on it... With an X-box. ><
I read something similar on Flamehaus.com: two guys went to yet-another-line-of-people-waiting-in-front-of-a-store-to-buy-a-Playstation-3-in-the-USA with a portable generator, a television and an... Xbox 360. They played Halo 2 and Gears of War right next to that line just to annoy the waiting people :mrgreen:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We dun get a whole lot of brand loyalty in terms of consoles around here among those who have money - they tend to have one of each kind (at least, all my buds who have consoles do). Suspect these guys here were just playing Xbox360 cuz it's what they happen to have. ;) I hear many of the PS3 buyers are going to keep camping the few extra days to also grab the Wii.

(I remember when I first heard the name "Wii" on South Park - I thought they made it up for the show... heh)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Honestly... if I was in line waiting to buy an awesome console to play some awesome games (since I love both the XBox & XBox360 as well as playstation series) I would probably crack some skulls if somebody did something like that just to piss me off... I mean, playing video games while I wait to buy'em!!?? :evil:

Only problem I have with XBox + XBox360 is how notorious they are to crash, freeze up, and fuck up while playing games... (anybody hear about the widely mentioned recall on many of the 360's within a week of their release because of some of these errors?) :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I mean, playing video games while I wait to buy'em!!??

Well, if you're so addicted to console games that you can camp out in front of an electronics warehouse for DAYS waiting for your console to come in - you probably can't go without said games for the same amount of time. ;)

Still, they look like they are kinda having fun... Some seem to have brought their entire families along... :\

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Or you can go to the mountains and freeze yourself! >_>

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
haha, that episode was funny (one of the few southpark episodes i see) i didn't get to see the conclusion episode tho...

IMMA GET A Wii!!!! THEN IMMA PLAY ZELDA!!!!! ALL OF MY ARROWS ARE GOING TO MISS!!!!! BWAhAHAHAHAAHA!!

Grog

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My roomate camped out toys'r'us to get a preorder. as of sunday we have had a Wii. This is why I haven't been on MS much :p

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
You got me all wrong Thothie; I'd never camp outside of a store waiting for something to be released... unless it was a fully automatic, and legitimate, rifle in my home-state (since they currently aren't legal; and I would find the spray'n'prey effect going across old cars funny from those such rifles) :D

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Got a Wii a few days ago, it's pretty sweet. And I didn't have to sit around outside for more than a few minutes. :)

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I sat outside for 12 hours for my Wii, and only had to wait an hour to get a PS3... before you try and kill me for getting a PS3 you should know it wasn't for me.

It was a lottery, they had 4 systems two good two not so good, 252 people I was the first to be picked, needless to say my sisters boyfriend has his PS3 now.

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I waited about 15 minutes, went home. Then waited another 15 minutes. No real hassle. Got home and then went Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

As for the PS3, I won't touch Sony products again. They are like Microsoft Japan only 10 times worse.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
every store here sold out of wii's I was glad I waited in line for mine, besides it offered a great time of talking with other local gamers.

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
WII FTW

IT was either a PS3: Shit tv.

Wii + HDTV ENHANCER FOR THE WII => GRAPHICS x5 BETTER
AND A NEW HDTV By Sony Or LG > > > > > 32 "">>>> FLAT PANEL LCD > > > > > > > >

Ps3 is fun though.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I'm not going to touch the Wii, XBox 360, or PS3 for a couple of months. I don't see the need to pay an extra $200 for it, when it'll be $200 cheaper sometime next year; and all of them are being released with bugs in the systems, recalls going left'n'right.

So I figured, I could simply wait the bugs'n'glitches out, as well as for a price drop so I don't spend un-necassary cash (in the case that these systems burn out in like one month) :D