Custom Addon?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Is it possible to make a Custom Add on using the DoD mini map scripts?
I think it would be a great addtion to MS . The maps could show important locations like Map Transistions and NPC postions.

if it is possible and anyone wants to do it with me. i could try n help.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmmm... Probably best in Custom Content but... I think you'd have to add a DLL to the game though. Still, it maybe possible to do it, I'm just not sure where to begin. (Unless DOD is open source now) ;)

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
lol, i have no idea what to do either so maybe its something they could add to ms:c then? o_O

NobleDragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Why not have the minimap be drawn as you go. (kinda like the automap in doom) Then, you would still have to explore to find stuff, but after you would know where it is.

or have a premade map with just the basics (ie. towns, paths/transitions and points of interest.) that way, new ppl would have a general idea of where they are going but not take the fun out of exploring.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
yea thats what i meant its just a basic map that shows transistions and such

Blaze

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well.... what about... if you explore the map shows slowly as you move around BUT you can buy a map in certain stores so when you visit the area that the map is for you well see all the NORMAL areas not secret areas or places no one has gone before e.g some caves can be hidden because no one ever was there to map the area... also i think all secret areas should NEVER be recorded onto the maps... maybe you can even make it so the maps can be located somewhere IN the area.. like in a chest in calruin and such.. i think this would make a greate feature :D and im certain that the HL engine can do it with a good coder.. but thats not a problem for MS:C's team they have one of the best coders there... thats forsure. :D

Blaze

New Adventurer
Reaction score
know what would also be nice? if you can see other players on the map too... ONLY if they are in an area you have been before... also like i sayed before NOTHING gets recorded if its a secret area. maybe even NPCs but only in a certain radius... maybe this can be a skill or something... this would be really good if your looking for a certain NPC but don't know where he is. :D more ideas from Blaze who is NOT BANNED.. o_O

@Ceriux

Thanks! :wink:

EDIT: im sure doing this would require ALOT of code and ALOT of time...

NobleDragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I like blaze's idea as well. Maybe as a ranger you could make your own maps instead of buying one from a merchant. Then you could sell your maps cause they would be more detailed than the merchants version! Get that ingame economy Flowing! :oldlol:

RedLetterDay

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
awesome idea! but ive already memorized all the maps so it doesnt apply to me. i think this idea will help new comers get into the game.