What is the 'msgreatsea' song from?

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Oyster gave me a file with all the original MS music on it. At least I think it is all the original music. Anyways, there is this really interesting piece of music simply labeled as 'msgreatsea' and I got to wondering, what kind of map did this song go to from the original game? Are there pictures or videos of what this map was? It gives me an impression of an underwater city powered by ancient magics full of beautiful scenery of the sea, perhaps it is a city of friendlies, a wonderful change from the above ground towns. I'm just being imaginative. But please, can anyone tell me what this music was intended for?

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was never used. I have (pipe)dreams of someday making a freeroam oceancrossing (lolwut) type map with that music in it.

msgreatsea is also one of my all-time favorite Lanethan tunes! :mrgreen:

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
I'm pretty sure it was never used. I have (pipe)dreams of someday making a freeroam oceancrossing (lolwut) type map with that music in it.

Like building a port city that floats around in the ocean, like it is a giant boat of some sort?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, there's always Adel - although we may have to rename that, with the Oscars and all. ;)

funny,images-6f4d50a119923df6ebf656b528671546_h.jpg

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Regorty said:
TheOysterHippopotami said:

Like building a port city that floats around in the ocean, like it is a giant boat of some sort?
Not exactly.

My idea involves having a ship like the one in ocean crossing or a similar galleon that would 'explore uncharted waters' by sailing past randomly spawning rocks and islands that would have little tiny things to do on them, like kill monsters, solve a small puzzle or unlock a treasure chest or gather other loot items for selling/crafting (like magic seashells). It would also be nice to have some of these islands lead to a 'teleport' which takes you to a dynamic jungle maze (ie, a maze thats different every time you run through it).

Players would also sometimes encounter sea monsters like Hydras and Krakens, or other sea creatures like sharks and what have you, as well as pirate and ghost ships.

The music, of course, would change whenever a battle like that was initiated, but for most of the map, sailing past the semi-random tropical islands, this tune would play.