Upgrading Weaker Items

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think players should have the option of upgrading low tier equipment to a higher tier, for example The Thornbow. It is a visually interesting weapon and would be enjoyable to use for higher level players were it not for its meager dps. I propose a new system that would organize every available weapon in MSC into a tiered hierarchy. Instead of simply "Thornbow" it would be "Thornbow (Tier I)" and the player would be able to collect certain items (perhaps a great axe in this case) and bring them to the forge in sorc_Villa in order to pay the blacksmith to reforge the item into a stronger variant. Like so:

(1)Thornbow (Tier I) + (1)Great Axe + 10,000 gold = Thornbow (Tier II)

The player would be able to repeat this process until they reach the maximum tier for the item (For example, an arbitrary tier of X for Thornbow). Each new rank would require a greater quantity and greater value resources in order for it to be forged into the next tier. For example, in order to forge a tier III Thornbow you will need:

(1)Thornbow (Tier II) + (1)Great Axe + (1)A Vial of Demon Blood + 20,000 gold = Thornbow (Tier III)

Bear in mind that this is just a prototype and is definitely subject to modification.

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
A way to upgrade/enchant items would be nice. Make the requirements exponential (within reason) for end-level items and then people who have 45 in every will have a reason to play. Also, instead of a tier system, you could use the Hugger Dagger - Finely Crafted Knife - Skullblade scheme (dull, normal, sharp, perfect)

Although, I think bows are bad because there are no good arrows for them, mainly when you get to the higher levels. I'd use a bow much more often if I had arrows intended for my level.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I would rather see weapons fused with elements as we please. Similiar to how firebrand works on items. Need more of that pot!

Also as for tier upgrading, keep it simple and do it like:
-tier 1 (base level +5), requires bow + extra bow of the same type + gold for upgrading;
-tier 2 (base level +10),requires bow + 2 extras + gold...

and so on.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Think I already mentioned this, but one of the things I've been fiddling with is a dynamic upgrade system for all weapons, using the quality property... Bit sticky - I'll have to figure a way to make the chest store the quality tag as well, otherwise the modifications would be erased if you banked the item.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Late to the party, but I think this would be a real nice addition. I, personally, really love the phoenix bow, but other things outrank it by a lot. Same for other items, if you don't like the next tier weapon, you can upgrade your old one.