the good ole days

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
remember the good ole days when challs was actually a hard map? now, people dont even play there. i love that map lol.

i say if you have the original whatever, add a boss area to where the big doors are (wasnt undamael there or something a LONG time ago?)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Rose colored glasses my friend.

There's never been a boss in Challs (er, rather, not from MS 1.3 on). Sfaik, it's always been a place with a bunch of weak skeletons. Indeed, I don't think the map has even been altered, monster wise, since MS 1.3.

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well if only i knew how to model and/or script id make a boss for it XD

lets make it some sort of realy cranky skeleton dwarf,so short, has 2 dwarven axes, really good defense, but doesnt do all that much dmg (lets say a little less than calrian, just slower swings), but he pushes people so much that they cant get good hits in. and hes fast. lol.

we'll call him Faxsmith. and he drops a steel axe (better dwarven axe.

now all we need to do is edit Challs to get to Faxmith, model him, write a script, and create the steel axe!

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
C (forgot what the C stood for) Halls is still incomplete, if you didn't know it by now. That map was still being worked on by its creator, and was merely a preview of what was to come. There's a double door somewhere there that, in the finished product, would have a skeletal king or demon boss of sorts.

Undamael is in the hellish depths of the deepest parts of the Scary Forest. I've been there in 1.01 when he worked, but he was so stupid he usually fell in the lava where his domain was, and he slowly died. That was one big bad boss who you had to have a party with... and he dropped a nice sword that looked exactly like the Skullblade, but was about twice as powerful. :D

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Ahh, yes I remember that place :D

I believe there was a bridge that led to the gate thingy, which required a key, to reach Undamael. I also remember that under the bridge, it would lead you to Calruin; present day MSC has the bridge, but broke it leaving only Ravens Mace users access, and the door is now locked & useless...

I also remember the sword he dropped; had more power than Skullblade, used a similar if not the same model, and attacked *MUCH* (much much much much much much much much much... shall I go on? Okay... much much much) faster.

Present day skullblade-type-weapon SUCKS because of low damage & supremely slow attack speed. It also misses a ton making it even shittier.

I still remember what people did back then though; how they would buy some noob a shield and have him take all of the hits from Undamael while they went ahead & hit him using arrows & whatever other weapons they had :D

I mainly miss the days when you got XP AS YOU HIT THE MONSTER!!! When it didn't have to DIE to give you a level or some %% in leveling... now-a-days that would be MUCH MORE USEFUL!!! I say that because today, if somebody votemaps you somewhere you can lose a lot of XP from monsters you haven't yet killed... and also because the votemap system is very hateful towards yes's & no's.

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i remember undamael when he was in the bridge (when one could walk across), but he was uber even compared to calrain. and that was back when level 15 was amazing