Team Fortress 2...

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
yay :), i'm just pointing out that probably not even half of the ppl that prefer FF to TF2 have even played TF2 just cause of the 2 reasons

1) Looks "Kiddy" as most ppl would say.
2) "Omg no nades, TF2 sucks :mad:"

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
think its sad that you judge the game so harshly after only 20 mins.
Consecutive 20 minutes, mind you, maybe 3 hours total. Granted, it’s really much less than that, as 40% of any given game is spent waiting for something or other. (Round Beigin, Warm Up, Sudden Death, Setup Time, walking to combat area, or Respawn.)

The only reason I’ve been giving it chances is I may wind up adminning a server with it. However, I think I’ll deal with it the same way I do the current “All2Fort” server hell hole, and deal with IM/PM/Forum/Logs only.

Graphically as an artist myself, I appreciate what they have done
It’s pretty, I’ll give it that. I happen to like the graphics. I am indeed intending to start a thread at FF to make the models and maps cross compatible for those who intend to use them. That’s all I’ll give it though.

The one thing that makes it so fun for myself personally, is the TEAM WORK
I see FAR more Team Work going on in FF than in TF2, and indeed, saw more team work going on in TFC – even when it decayed into All2Fort. The ONLY “team work” I ever see in TF2 is medics trying to uber people. Which is rarely really team work, as the uber target tends to be oblivious as to the medic’s location, and the medic tends to concentrate on his uber target to the total exclusion of the eight other guys around him who might keep him alive. That's not team work, that's a player pretending it is.

Mostly what I see is DM oriented Scouts running around and wracking up kills. Yer a freaking GOD when yer a Scout. You can bypass or take out sentries, kill heavies in 3 shots, cap faster than anything, and move so fast nothing can hit you – if yer ping is decent, there’s no reason to play anything else, and usually I see three of these for any other class in any given game.

Meanwhile I see people setting up distractions to get spies in on FF, people timing security overrides to clear the flag, people strategically setting up groups and covering for forward SG’s, suicide MIRV’s to make way for scouts, sabotaging underground speed trains and reporting their positions, teams covering demos to blow open critical choke points, teammates boosting each other into critical positions, medics and engiees tag teaming to keep a fleet of heavy's armor healthy, and people gathering enemy ammo to give to friendly engineers. I see none of this in TF2, mainly because you can’t even do most of those things! They’ve removed most of the critical team play elements in an effort to make the game easier to learn for children and people who have never played TFC.

It’s slow. As I said most of your time is spent dead, waiting for one thing or another, or just traveling. It’s almost like some CS fans decided to make a game for their kids, and indeed, I’m fairly certain that’s exactly what happened. Sudden Death in TFC? Who the hell else would dare?

They can’t even get the most fundamental things designed to make the game more intense right. The cap point has been on the battlements of 2Fort since 1997 and in all six of the other incarnations of this game for a freaking reason! So you don’t wind up winding through dozens of hallways of friendly territory, and can get straight back into the game. They really go out of their way to deliberately make this game less intense. I guess they think first time FPS’ers need their cool down time so their little hearts don't explode.

Again, if it was called “Toy Story” I wouldn’t have an issue, but the “Team Fortress” suggests it would have something to do with the original other than having the same class names. It doesn’t deserve the name.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Fair enough :) I can't agree with you here. So I'll leave it at that. I've stated my reasons above, and stand by them

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't understand the point of "trying to make TF2 more child friendly"

It has gore, hands legs and what else explode into pieces throwing blood and guts everywhere. It also has an M rating (just like all the other half life related games)

So why make it look like a friggen cartoon and remove all of the fun aspects of TFC?

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
tehrilez said:
I don't understand the point of "trying to make TF2 more child friendly"

It has gore, hands legs and what else explode into pieces throwing blood and guts everywhere. It also has an M rating (just like all the other half life related games)

So why make it look like a friggen cartoon and remove all of the fun aspects of TFC?

TF2 is fun, i just sat all day playing it, and the cartoony look is how tf2 should look, i've heard many expeirenced tfc players and most said tf2 is best looking in cartoony graphics, i agree with that. FF graphics are just, bleh y bother, make TF2 DIFFERENT TO EVERY OTHER FPS. - This difference is a good one

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Srsly

Some people like the new look of TF2 designed for three year olds, while others enjoy the game looking like TFC (the way it should look like)

Some people like TF2's dumbed down game play, designed for three year olds who get angry at grenades and Medic infection, and who enjoy getting 50+ kills as a scout. But some enjoy having the game play almost identical to TFC, which is what I have enjoyed for years. Not this dumb whatever-it-is.

If you like TF2 - Fine. Pay for the worse game while we play a free mod that is twice as good and actually carries on what TFC was, and was going to be for TF2 before they got bought out by vALVE and all those other losers.

Also - might I add - the hands and feet are 10x larger than almost all final fantasy and kingdom heart's shoes combined.

I seriously couldn't care about the graphics - I never have. I consider playing NES and SNES games more fun than some super game designed for a computer that cost an excess of 900+ dollars for decent FPS, that only lasts a few hours until it becomes utterly boring, and you realize it was a real shit waste of 60-50-40 $ or whatever you paid.

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
tehrilez, TFC was produced by Valve after Half-Life's release, it wasn't "bought out" after TFC was released. TF2 was never going to be like TFC again...in it's beta stages the game resembled a lot what BF2 was going to be, a modern military shooter. Either way, all of you would not have enjoyed the game no matter what its outcome was, and simply said, Valve could not produce another mainstream game that was just an exact copy of TFC. I enjoyed TFC for many years, but I've grown past the game and I probably will only play FF on a few occasions, compared to the fun I'm having with TF2.

This is also the same kind of reason why I won't play FarCry 2...I'll play Crysis and enjoy imaginative, new things.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Apparently tehrilez still hasn't figured out how to express his opinion without insulting everyone who thinks differently at the same time.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Apparently tehrilez still hasn't figured out how to express his opinion without insulting everyone who thinks differently at the same time.
:eek:

I don't think its my place to compare both games as I have only played FF and i suck at it.

BUT! For # of players enjoying and playing the game FF wins because it is free. TF2 needs boobs or something to make me consider buying another game with the same concept as a free one.

May be pipe dreams, but if Mastersword: Source is good enough to interest valve. I hope they don't decide that this mod needs cell shading and simplification to sell.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
FF wouldn't be released if it wasn't for valve, if valve didn't exsist hl2 wouldnt exsist neither hl1 so yeah valve doesn't suck :/ Infact my impossible goal is to work for valve, i know its never gonna happen though >.>

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
i've gonna be be honest here, tehrilez is serriously making a laser map for Ms:s :/

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
WeissberV said:
i've gonna be be honest here, tehrilez is serriously making a laser map for Ms:s :/

er, I said I was making a "futuristic style map" for MS:C..

not a "laser map" for MS:S?

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Will it have Space Ships and zerg rushes?

kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
WeissberV said:
I beg your pardon?
What exactly does a "laser map" mean?

Oh and in before chaos and death.

hmmm anythign but choas and death, hmm that leaves, ms:s won't be popular, and no-one will play it because its a piece of crap that isn't medival >.>

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hey, we didn't cross your palm with silver. That means you don't tell us the future.

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh c'mon people...all he said was "futuristic." That could mean anything.
Are we talking Back to the Future-istic where we wind up even further in the past (we already have dino models, I believe), a HL2 future where everything sucks (the only REAL future), or what the medieval era would have seen as 'the future' (I dunno...self-propelled carts and a cure for the plague?).

This is one of those moments where my sig comes in handy...

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If it is going to be in the future. Please replace the crossbow with the MAC 10 so I lay down some hot rocks on those orcs and dead those fools. Straight trippin yo.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
>.> i suggest that no future map, no-one woudl play it, not even myself, or maybe i would, just to laugh at it ^^

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Red Cell said:
If it is going to be in the future. Please replace the crossbow with the MAC 10 so I lay down some hot rocks on those orcs and dead those fools. Straight trippin yo.
Hellz yeah homie, tell dem b!tches. Shahadar Orcs be rolling in from da South, Blackhands from da East, and Marogar from da North...We be da Westsiyeed.