Rollback Request

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Dayum, shouldn't have putted all my deposited Pots into my already full boh :oldangry:

Time when it happend: Like 5-10 mins from this post
Time to rollback: 10AM UTC+1 should be fine
Slot: 2
STEAM ID: STEAM_0_1_3722134 / STEAM_0:1:3722134
Reason: Overflow, real reason ^

btw, why isn't there a limit like it was before? or am i mistaken here?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
What kind of limit are we speaking? Bag space or galat chest space?

Either way, yes there used to be for the bag, except that we got a new one and the old one was removed as it was a source of the massive overflows back in the days (i assume). And for the chest, it's kinda messy but i would say around 140 items max?

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
The chest isn't the problem, having around 100 items in my second boh and continue filling it without a limit made me overflow which shouldn't happen :s , so i'd say that they should put up a 50/75 items in a BoH Cap since i got more and cant even get on char_recover by just holding that BoH in my hands
As you see i'm using always a second BoH because im to lazy to keep galat scrolls with me or either way i forget to take them out of the galat (galat scroll stacking ftw) :oldangry:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It would have stopped you, if you hadn't embedded your bags of holding.

You're also causing every server you go into to lag to hell with that setup.

It should be impossible to overflow under normal circumstances now, but yeah, that would be one way around it. Character file was over 8K - in the old days, most characters overflowed by the time they reached 4k.

In anycase, rollback achieved. Be aware that your embedded containers may mysteriously vanish in some future patch.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Oh damn, time to put my pots into galat.. no wait
I'm confused right now, i don't know if i should do 50/50 in my Boh and my Galat or Fully in my galat (If the Galat doesn't crash anymore)

€dit: Works fine, Thanks :>

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
This all sounds too stupid, just use your alts to carry the extra junk you get. Everyone does it, if u can't hold anymore junk, then it's time u get rid of some of your junk, get it?

And putting an item cap on the BoH just because you have multiple ones sounds perfect! No wait... it doesn't, what the hell are you thinking? >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, there is an item cap on them, but it's 500 items.

Problem comes up when you put one inside another to beat the item limit, and cause massive lag, in addition to potential overflow... Thing is to remove the ability to put containers inside other containers, rather than put an item limit on the BoH.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
True that, making a cap wouldn't do a thing to the problem as he would still corrupt himself by stacking containers inside containers...

Speaking of stacking stuff... i think this was brought up before, is it possible to make green potions (one's with 1 dose) and other 1 time use items stackable? Wondering if this is possible, it could save some nice inventory room to the player just like ammunition since the stacking feature was implemented.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Maybe... Not sure... Be tricky... Stacked items are actually a single item with a "Quantity" property. Drinks with multiple doses use the "Quality" property. Single dose potions delete themselves on use - ie. when "Quality" reaches 0. I don't think there's a script function to read and reduce the "Quantity" property - it's done code side by the bow's attack function. Might be possible to make such functions, but it'd take some trial and error work. Making them automatically stack, the way arrows do, might be trickier still - though it maybe anything with the "stackable" flag will automatically stack, not sure. Been awhile since I've messed with the stacking code, so I can't recall off hand. Other sticky bit would be to make the stacked potion unequip itself on use, and put itself back in the pack.