question about dark caves place..

agbrianlee

New Adventurer
Reaction score
universe, earth Emotion: VERY happy =D Thinking of
i recently just explored the dark caves...been to goblin town...gate city...but i came across this random temple place with a big door i cant get through. in front of this is some sort of pillar with a skull coming out of the top and its descriptions says "Reads - speak the name of my jailer". can anyone plz tell me what i hav to do here??

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Using the "u" chat, say erste. Oh, and you will probably die. Just so you know ;-)

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
In a lawless area near thornlands, you'll find a ring with a name. With that name, ask in a temple of balance.

Spoilers loses.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
It's a high level skeleton. There's no real reward (less than 200 gold) so I wouldn't worry about it.

And Belmont, I understand how annoying it is to just want to know the answer to a question that can be hidden in any of the MS maps, especially with the way mappers like to hide things.

Side note: I don't think he could fight to get the ring in the first place

Matthias_129

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It shouldn't be. If you have Ice Shield, it shouldn't be too bad. I can take it on with 227 hp, and like 12-13 Swordsmanship, and a Sylvian Blade

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
agbrianlee I'd watch out for the boss's Frostbolt spam primarily :D
It is literally fully automatic & crippling, even if you have like 350 HP + all dark armor (ex sir gerics) and a runeshield. & cuz I am a spoiler & bastard >:D

[size]The Boss's Name Is Shadahar: HE WILL FUCKING RAPE YOU EASY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TWENTY PLUS WEAPON/MAGIC SKILL AND YOU'RE ATTEMPTING TO SOLO HIM W/O HIDING BEHIND STUFF & GLITCHING

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Ok, I guess you would be able to take it and Ghor Ash (which is the thing that drops the ring). I didn't realize that you were that far along.

As long as you play it smart (dodge aroound pillars and heal and such) you should be good. But like I said, he drops less than 200 gp so it's not really worth it.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
He's worth it in the knowledge that you can pwn him as long as he doesn't start shooting off frost-bolts :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Frostbolts don't bother me very much. I just run out with my Rune shield ready and it barely hurts me.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Fully automatic, and once it freezes you, that is when it hurts: especially when he does a second round of twenty or thirty fully automatic frostbolts. You could fall & die fast enough, even if you had 800 HP, if he just pumped out nothing but frostbolts *at his current speed*.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There was a bug I put in that script that would cause that from time to time. He shouldn't do that anymore... He should fire 1 frostbolt at each player he can see, or 2 frostbolts at a single player, if he can only see the one.

Basically, Shaddahr was a walking pile of cash in the original script, so I thought I'd beef him up some more. I actually have other plans for 'Mr. Bling' just as soon as I stick a transition there, or some such.

Seems I'll also have to change the password, or try to make it work as an item exchange again, as originally intended.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hmm.. just give Shadahar a relative then Thothie :D
Leave the password & the such and make him even harder; give him a brother or sister who fires off LOTS of Fireballs (Ice & Fire) :D

marksman0401

New Adventurer
Reaction score
IS anyone else having a problem getting the NEW password? I am having quite a hard time. It cant be an item exchange, because i have a glowing urdual title ring but i cannot exchange it. Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated. Thx.