Possible cheater

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Some dude is at it again:
msc_cheater.gif
A dude named Darkness is playing easylevels. I would join to see if his server is connected to the FuzNet if I weren't banned by VAC for using the bloom mod :|

Anyway, maybe somebody else can figure out if he's connected to the FuzNet or not.

Edit: Please excuse Paint's horrible JPG compression. You can barely see the "banned" logos.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
He is on FN.

Also, dun CHEATER_ my slot 2. It's my test char for cheat servers :|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
STEAM_0:1:6628925
(Darkness - the host)
STEAM_0:1:7911276
(Naruto - spent more than enough time there)

These four are 'on notice' as none were on often/long enough to benifit much:
STEAM_0:1:38402 [WuBing]
STEAM_0:1:759168 [Tentadrilus]
STEAM_0:0:160562 [SloMo]
STEAM_0:1:12229127 [The Lila Lord]

*sigh* I guess I will have to make an anti-cheatmap system top priority after all. If you don't get chain lightning come 2007 - blame these guys.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i can wait for chain lightning. I would very much like a anti-cheat incorperated.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I suppose I will rally up some impatient noobs... trace the noobs then break their kneecaps (the noobs to be traced would be the cheating ones) :D

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Sorry about that cheapmap thang, I was seeing what it would be like to level up a client-side character using cheatmaps. It's actually crap.

I just forgot to set ms_central_enabled to 0 >.>
But I guess it is dubious. I promise that I have not played on any cheatmaps using my FN character.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Is this the point where I run away and nevar come back?

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
YES THAT A HOLE GOT BANNED

Thers somone else that plays with him all teh time. ..

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
no he didn't I saw him today, Imma ban him from my sever, as well as you too J-M, and I'll get him banned from Blasto's, try to anyhow. HE SHOULD BE BANNED BY NOW!! WTF!!!!!

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
great you said my name now I am involved in this!

I don't plan on banning darkness, I feel the community is rather small, and we shouldn't just be going and banning people, if however the community chases the person off by other means thats fine, but to disallow them from playing because they used a cheatmap, thats just crazy talk. This isn't another TK problem like last time.

However if you can convince me I will do it.

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Banning is a last resort for repeat offenders. The character is removed, and depending on how said person behaves themselves when appealing it determines if they start over or get a rolled back character.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
If they are cheating, hacking, scripting, or majorly disrupting the game for others; I feel they should be banned in a heart-beat, should one of the listed or relative cases be exemplified by a fellow player. The community is larger than you think, more people play than meets the eyes (MSC is a good game for singleplayer masses)... if a few more people would post on the forums & play online servers, it'd be a lot better...)

Saying that, if the singleplayer masses won't take effect in making the community larger than the online portion claims, then why should a password-locking server-host who cheats & ruins the ideal of fairness in the game get special privelage?

Besides... I am blood-thirsty at the very thought of a ban-stick causing harm, even if it may be towards the innocent :twisted:

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
if a few more people would post on the forums & play online servers, it'd be a lot better...)

The problem is people don't so it's a small player base. Hell I know more people that still play 4x4evolution at a given time than those that play MS:C throughout an entire day. :)

Hell I don't even really play, but I just host it because I loved/still do love this mod. And had a computer that could easily do this and then a ton more.

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Y'know... I never figured out why the guys who make cheatmaps can't make their maps any more obvious. You've got a cheatmap called... "cheatmap".

At least back in those days they kept it more doubtful with "asdasd" and other assorted names...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I've never seen a cheatmap named "cheatmap", and I have 99 cheatmaps for MS v1.35.

However, I do have a cheatmap called "mscaves". Most people confuse that with the legal map "mscave". The difference is very small.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I don't see what's wrong with 2lt.Walter, and I most definately don't see what's wrong with farming.

The only person who is suspicious to me is Tim.

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I concur.

Or mabye he just got BS luck with ze gold armor?