Player Models? Idea for a system

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok, so my idea is that your title will determine what model your character is

Sooooo

a lvl one adventurer will look like the Crapface Mgee that we have right now

a level 5 of any of the possible titles will look uniquely different

a level 10 of those possible titles will look similar to the level 5 but more badass I suppose

a level 20 and so on will look more and more badass until either Badassness is at it's peak and they get a "Godly looking model" or get to choose from an array of Godly Models to be a uniquely unique

If you still don't understand what i mean... has anyone played the gauntlet legends series? the system of how your character changes models in that game is what i'm shooting for

Ofcourse this idea will ofcourse and probably will be obselete when armor models and player models are working well together

Oh, and it is probably muchos dificle (very difficult) to code... ah oh well

tis an idea and i suck at talking so i bet there are people here who still don't know what i mean or are getting it all wrong

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Still haven't narrowed down the player rendering code (largely client side anyways). Would also mean precacheing more models, and I've not heard back from Orochi as to the model consilidation progress.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
It's a good idea, though. I really like it. Give incentive to be different which we desparately need in a wolrd where anyone can use any weapon and eventually every spell.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OOoooOO!

(expansion on first idea)

So you have a crapface mgee and then he gets to a certain level *the level where his model will change* Each time the model changes, like the first time, It is a minor/gradually*major change from what it was before.

I.E. First time crapface gets his swordsman title he gets a weeee bit buffer and changes from his shortpants to some real pants and has some kind of light armor... The NEXT time he changes his armor becomes better looking/better grade and maybe has some chain leggings.

I'm thinking like a slow evolution from *mr.crapface* to godly slayer of slayables

ZOMG!
idea for final magic model:
Some kind of cool dark shadow over eyes w/ glowy cool eyes....

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Also there has always been a plan of adding other races, i would love to be an elf gal...

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie, I can get right on the armour consolidation if you want, would you want everything as seperate ungrouped submodels, or one model, with several subgroups. Such as Helmets, Armour, Etc?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Want all the models in as few files as possible. I'll work out the grouping from the script end.

Note that the view models are going to have to stay seperate for now, as I mentioned, I've had no luck enabling skins/submodels for viewmodels. (Looks like it maybe exceedingly difficult, as I'd actually have to add new client<->server communication and a new viewmodelindex property.)

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Err, thats not what I asked, I'll do it the grouped submodel sets then :)

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Yo thoth, if you can combine this idea with your arena/master idea, you could bundle the new content/models/classes all under one idea and function. Instead of having one master for each title, though, would be a good idea to do a novice-journeyman-master-elder system, 10 levels each mebbed, to give the vets something to shoot for. I know the master thing hasn't been worked yet, but I don't doubt theres a way to do it. A map with 4 arenas, each npc can only be activate once, maybe by an item you have to get for each rank? Once you get in the arean the appropriate mob is spawned. Or you could have a map for each skill, have each skill fight what it's weak against and so on. Lost of things you could try.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
dunno how plausable that would be, I mean this woulden't even be useful until the parry title thing is worked out. What I was suggesting would make a title for every 10 levels of the existing titles. Like if you have level 10 archery, level 8 MA and level 5 everything else you would be a novice zen archer, once you got level 20 archery, and MA was still your second, you would be a journeyman zen archer, or something of the like.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Just thought of something better, if titles are easy to pop out, instead of tagging on "journeyman" or "elder" to everything, you could make another title for that level, someof the existing titles would be higher ranking ones, like zen archer would be journeyman, and something like barefist archer would be novice. Would be alot of titles but it would really individualize things.