OpenGL doesn't work for me?

Monika's_BFFEx0255

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi there,
Yesterday I installed a new graphics driver because Killing Floor crashed a lot with my outdated driver but now I can't launch MS:C anymore. MS:C now won't let me run OpenGL and uses the software option for the video mode because of this. I've actually had this problem before and the solution was to roll back my drivers. Rather than go through those processes every time I want to launch a different game, is there a way to get MS:C to run with OpenGL?

Thanks.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I think you're misreading that error. MS:C won't run WITHOUT OpenGL, and no, there's no way to make it do so.

Monika's_BFFEx0255

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I meant to say. I understand MS:C requires OpenGL, is there a way for me to get OpenGL to work is what I meant to ask.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Remove new drivers, install them again or try to install an older version that works for both sides.

Not sure if this helps or not, since i never had issues like that.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you were using an odd video mode (such as 960x600 or other low-res widescreen), some newer graphics drivers may force you to input it as a custom resolution before you'll be able to run MSC (or other Half-Life1 games) in OpenGL.

Not sure, off hand, what the procedure is for ATI, but for nVidia: Control Panel->NVIDIA Control Panel->Change Resolution->[Customize...] - then enter the resolution you normally use manually (use the default refresh rates). It'll give you a warning (worried that you'll fry your monitor - not likely on anything made after 1990), and it'll temporarily switch the desktop to that resolution until you confirm it. The resolution you usually use should then be available in MSC and other Half-Life games (though you may have to click on the "wide screen" box) and it should then go fine in OpenGL.

If that doesn't work, you may want to try one of the custom graphics drivers with the features "unlocked", such as those available at laptopvideo2go.