New interested member (3d Modeler)

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Check your max autobak folder, see if there is a higher poly version in there.

I can't use MSN till later tonight, but I'll add you then :)

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
It'd be easier for you to make a new monster called an Ogre... I dunno if you looked at the current orc model (msc/models/monsters/Orc.mdl) - but they have about 10 different outfits, hats, and weapons integrated into that model as submodels, and you'd have to remake all those as well.

Who's talking about replacing/remaking? This wouldn't fit into MS:C.

But MS:S...? Mwahhahaa.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
if hes an orc id think about making him have a bigger jaw/lower lip and a smaller forehead... also add tusks... maybe 1 regular and the 2nd broken o_O? i think thad make him look more like an Orc... other than those small thing GJ!!! :D

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, that's exactly what I was going to say. If he's going to be an orc, give him more of an underbite. His chin should protrude more and widen where at the same time his head should be smaller. A face shape similar to that of a triangle.

Man, when you unwrap him you must send me the bitmap, I would love experimenting texturing that model.

- Ewok

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ah, my bad... Well then my only complaint is that Orc's have tusks for lower canines.... Traditionally speaking.

orc.gif

It's how you tell yer Shreks from your Gruumsh's. ;)

It'd fit fine though, I mean, as an Ogre... Aside from the fact that the poly count would make the HL1 engine's head explode into a fine myst of red jelly.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Aside from the fact that the poly count would make the HL1 engine's head explode into a fine myst of red jelly.

mmmmmmmmmm...jelly...