[Mapping] How to make a monster area in a ms map?

ROOKIE

New Adventurer
Reaction score
(i donwload ms fgd from JM website :? )

i want make some boar
:idea: use msarea_monsterspawn with msmonster_boar :?:
how to use the msarea_monsterspawn and msmonster_boar :?:

( :arrow: I'm a Newbie half-life mapper :oldcry: i only know how to make counter-strike map....... :oldcry: )

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
well first you decided which monster u want to spawn , and if u have the fgd from JM's site its sorta weird lol.

then, you make an entitie "i just use MSMONSTER_Skeleton" then go in to the proporties of that entitie and edit the "def script" change it to something like "monsters/giantrat" for a giant rat lol. then change the spawn target or w/e (default is "bigop23") change it to "giantrat1", now exit that it automatically saves your changes.

Next you make another entitie "msarea_monsterspawn " go into its proporties and change the name of it to "giantrat1" or what ever you called it close it.

(if you have a better copy of the fgd its slighly differnt for the next part, instead you make a block in the "area" of where u want your monster to spawn right click it and go to "tie to entitie" then you go to the enitie "msarea_monsterspawn" and you change the target name to what ever you put the spawn target as on your "MSMonster_w/e" entitie.)

compile your map and your done!

oh and for a boar it would be "monsters/boar"

mshelp.bmp.jpg

i have an entire list in on my website of all the differnt names of them in the download section to get there just click the link in my siggy.