M2 Series in progress, looking for feedback!

Cyax

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Yeah JM, you make the original ms_quest series sound like its actually something good, too bad its junk. I'm sort of ashamed to have my name on crappy boxy maps like those. haha the monsters are so limited too, but it was great when they first came out they were labeled cheat maps, good ol times. Newer series you can expect way better mapping, it'll be simple though so no need to worry about lagging hardcore while playing. (Easily avoided by not overloading a single screen with TONS of faces). Expect a implemented level progression system, quest will haave the classic boars, etc. Probaly going to make a extra leveling map branch for lower levels. From there you can venture on. If you're smart enough you'll find the M2_Depths enterance which is a dungeon, you'll notice lots of cells with skeletons and perhaps a annoying labyrinth-like maze jam packed with bats. But after that you're past the dungeon into the depths themselves, where bridges span over molten lava. (Much like the original ms_quest ungerground concept but more realistic) Venturing the depths further you'll find perhaps a transition leading deeper into the flaming depths - but eventually you'll find a link to another portion of the dungeon, this portion is a massive sewer, through progressive teirs of undead, you may be able to find the ancient city of the dead on the other side. :) (High level fight dungeon is my idea for that) depths will have extra tasks to preform and earn treasure, such as secrets, various undead encouters (it is a dungeon after all). When you get to the sewers you WILL NOT have to run the labyrinth again, I can torture you in more fun ways. there is a map link that will open from spawn to current state. But anyways, its a pity the first custom series was a pile of crap. haha

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Cyax said:
Yeah JM, you make the original ms_quest series sound like its actually something good, too bad its junk. I'm sort of ashamed to have my name on crappy boxy maps like those. haha the monsters are so limited too, but it was great when they first came out they were labeled cheat maps, good ol times. Newer series you can expect way better mapping, it'll be simple though so no need to worry about lagging hardcore while playing. (Easily avoided by not overloading a single screen with TONS of faces). Expect a implemented level progression system, quest will haave the classic boars, etc. Probaly going to make a extra leveling map branch for lower levels. From there you can venture on. If you're smart enough you'll find the M2_Depths enterance which is a dungeon, you'll notice lots of cells with skeletons and perhaps a annoying labyrinth-like maze jam packed with bats. But after that you're past the dungeon into the depths themselves, where bridges span over molten lava. (Much like the original ms_quest ungerground concept but more realistic) Venturing the depths further you'll find perhaps a transition leading deeper into the flaming depths - but eventually you'll find a link to another portion of the dungeon, this portion is a massive sewer, through progressive teirs of undead, you may be able to find the ancient city of the dead on the other side. :) (High level fight dungeon is my idea for that) depths will have extra tasks to preform and earn treasure, such as secrets, various undead encouters (it is a dungeon after all). When you get to the sewers you WILL NOT have to run the labyrinth again, I can torture you in more fun ways. there is a map link that will open from spawn to current state. But anyways, its a pity the first custom series was a pile of crap. haha

I take it you just practiced a lot? Tell me your secret :)