listenserver issue-ness

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I've amended my listenserver.cfg and made the appropriate changed to the game and have fully updated files. This is what happens when I try to host. I start on Edana, everything is gravy, my FN char loads and such; however, when I do a votemap to go the hell somewhere else, server haings for a sec in transition and says "could not connect to game server". After that, until I close out of MSC if I try again, on the first shot my server bugs and won't load my FN char, but loads LAN chars. So.... how am I screwing this up?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Ok, firstly ANYTIME you load your LS (listen server), disconnect, then load it again, it will force LAN characters. Nothing wrong there.

As for the main problem, have you tried transitioning normally or changelevel (in console)? It could just be a bug with your votemap. If changelevel or normal trans work, try votemapping to Thornlands, or just back to Edana.

Let us know the results >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sounds as if, either the fix for the listenserver vote on AMX did not work (Odd, works on my listenserver), or he has an old version of AMX.

Make sure you have the latest AMX package (clear your internet cache if you've used that link before.)

Frankly, the fact that AMX works on a listen server at all is a minor miracle. (We won't go into how amazing it is that it works in MSC at all.)

Try changelevel mapname meantime.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Trust me, I know about AMX miracles, we once got counter-life (HL with counter strike guns, re-vamped money/buy system for multiple enemies) to work in sven co-op through AMX. Sven co-op with an AWP or para is friggin awesome. But yeah, changelevel work okay, I just didn't want to be not paying attention and nyx my own server by doing a map vote.