I just beat Prey for the third time...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
...on hard difficulty in 4:24:18... add another five minutes if you count the ending scenes. Prey has to be the shortest and easiest FPS I have ever played in my life. In all honesty I can't think of any FPS I've ever played that was this short and this easy. But it's still a fun game, though. I would definately recommend it to fans of the FPS genre!

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
thats pretty good.

I managed to beat farcry on realistic mode. Can't remember how long it took me but I do remember that the game never seemed to end.

TONY JAA

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah i got Prey too and beated it once then stoped playing it >.<

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
thats pretty good.

I managed to beat farcry on realistic mode. Can't remember how long it took me but I do remember that the game never seemed to end.
Wow, oh my god, seriously! I couldn't complete it on the easiest difficulty without cheats :(

The last two levels, 19 and 20, just got too hard... how the hell am I supposed to do that waterfall/river part in level 19 when I only have 10 bullets and there are like 30 Trigens in the area?

I don't suck at FPS games and I'm not a pro either, but damn, the last two levels in Far Cry are too hard for me... on easy :(

Edit: I did beat Half-Life 2 on hard, though :mrgreen:

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
yup I beat Farcry on realistic mode :D

I tried easy normal and hard and couldn't stand how easy the game was.

I managed to beat the game because well, lets face it AI can only be so smart :wink:

a trick I used a lot was luring my targets into the open while I hid. One of the first things I noticed about the AI was it liked going towards sounds, thus gernades made great distractions. It was most helpful during one of the inside levels. It was a big wear house filled with elite troops with night vision. I knew that I couldn't fight them head on because in realistic mode 2 bullets kill you and you get one more hit point with armor. So found a hall way, tossed a gernade down the hall pulled out a long range rifle and shot every single one of them in the head as they came around the corner. In the end I had a huge pile of dead bodies.

but basically through the whole game I hid and made head shots from a safe distance, for the ones that wouldn't fall by a head shot. well lets just say the p90 was my best friend.

I won't even start on how I managed to get pass boss battles, because it came more down to dumb luck than skill.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Yes, but how many times did you have to save or reload... perhaps to take a break for something you knew would be insanely difficult? :D

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I would say loaded about 80 times saved about 50 times. I didn't save as often as I should have, sometimes I would die and repeat large sections that wasn't cool.

and most boss battles took about 10 to 15 loads before I won. However the game overall was still way more easy than I though it should have been on realistic mode.

*edit*
I never take breaks because a part is to difficult :mrgreen: I just keeping going at it until I learn the AI movement pattern.

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
If two, three bullets at most kill you, how the hell did you do that part where you're in a buggy and a chopper chases you?

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
cars allowed me to take a few more hits, but for the most part I drove like a figgin mad man avoiding things. Granted I did die a at least 6 times before I figured out a path to avoid being spotted.

Although that moment doesn't really ring any bells to me, in which case must not have been very hard for me...

The really hard parts I remember are the driving one where your have to jump small masses of land with lava under you, the place you have no weapon just a knife and the place is crawling with those fast monkey freaks, and that one part with all the elite dudes and there night vision. Oh and of course the big bad boss dude who injected himself with the virus thingy.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I mean the part where the woman is driving (lol get it) and you are operating the machine gun while a chopper is chasing you.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
oh that part, well... must not have been very hard because I don't remember that part at all.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Haha, nice :D

On the area of easy to beat, yet really good, games... I put up Resistance: Fall of Man, for the PS3. I have beaten that on easy & medium & hard modes in singleplayer, only easy & hard cooperatively :p

I think that is a great game to play too, with how it mixes a first person shooter with strategy (having allies & tanks) to a degree, while having a great plot setup too.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I have yet actually beat Resistance by myself :D

I'll get to it at some point.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It's worth it, just so you can mess around with the dual pistols (an unlockable weapon) :p

You only get to play with dual pistols in the singleplayer mode, cooperative won't let you use them :D

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I know it makes me sad, I have been wanting to play through the game in single player mode to see all those guns you only get in single player.

I just can't get myself to play it again with so many other games to play.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Cooperative gives you all of the extra guns too though, except for the dual pistols.

I forget what goes to the second tier of weapons when you have access to them... I think you hold down R2 & tap the up or down arrows...