Exp for Cleric.

JesikaAuster

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Maybe people would be more inclined toward team play and keeping their allies alive if they got some XP for healing their allies. I don't know if it's even possible or whether it would be difficult, but I couple of people said I should suggest it so here I am. =P
Besides it would grant another way to raise Divination. As far as I know the only way to raise it right now is with "Rebuke Undead"

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The only other way to level your div at the moment is UGA.

Also, please use the search function to make sure a suggestion hasn't been posted (several times) before posting it.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Healing doesn't give exp because it would be abusable. Person A gets a rat to attack him, Person B heals Person A indefinitely. Person A racks up the exp.

JesikaAuster

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Healing doesn't give exp because it would be abusable. Person A gets a rat to attack him, Person B heals Person A indefinitely. Person A racks up the exp.

Actually Person B (the healer) would rack up the experience but I don't see how that would be more abusable than parry is. To raise parry you don't even have to be in game or use mana. You just stand there and get attacked. and you could make it only a little exp gained by healing.
But yeah I didn;t notice the search functon I'll start using that now.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, Person B. I'm tired. Parry IS abusable, that's why it was capped and why it will be removed as a trainable skill.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Under the Title system, we hope to rig it so those Titles with "Assist XP" , such as clerics/enchanters, who heal or enchant a player who gets a kill, will get some experience from the monster's death (said XP, will not be taken from the player who gets the kill, but additional XP will be given to the aiding player.)

JesikaAuster

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Parry will be removed?
^.^ That makes me happy. I hate how it keeps messing with my class. I do not want to be a shield archer! I want to be a shadow archer! It sounds much cooler.

Gandalf the Grey

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Yeah, Person B. I'm tired. Parry IS abusable, that's why it was capped and why it will be removed as a trainable skill.

Parry is going to be completely nerfed? Hmm i have not heard of this, therefore i have created a topic in the suggestions area.... Please explain. (my idea entailed making parry completely non-trainable -without a shield- but still usable with a normal weapon. Therefore people could train parry at their leisure- just like they do all other skills)

littleaznboi

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Gandalf the Grey said:
(my idea entailed making parry completely non-trainable -without a shield- but still usable with a normal weapon. Therefore people could train parry at their leisure- just like they do all other skills)

People will just abuse that. :|

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Parry won't be a skill. Your parry chance will be based upon what weapons/shields you hold in your hands. Some items have better parry than others.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gandalf the Grey said:
Parry is going to be completely nerfed? Hmm i have not heard of this, therefore i have created a topic in the suggestions area.... Please explain. (my idea entailed making parry completely non-trainable -without a shield- but still usable with a normal weapon. Therefore people could train parry at their leisure- just like they do all other skills)

Replied to this one before the forum rollback...

It isn't going to be nerfed - it'll be based a combination of your currently equipped weapon skill multiplied by your currently equipped shield, allowing for scores much higher than you have now (eg. weapon skill of 30 x level 3 shield = 90 parry), but you will no longer be rewarded for simply failing to avoid being hit. Not only is such a system exploitable, it's also just plain stupid. (Or at least very masochistic - "Hit me now! It will make me stronger!!11!!")

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
(Or at least very masochistic - "Hit me now! It will make me stronger!!11!!")

Ah, yes, the Saiyan Complex.