Difficulty!

What do you think of the current difficulty in MSC

• It's EASY!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh, it's moderate. You should be in a party to beat each quest.

• Too hard! Even with a party it's impossible! Exploits here I come!

• Total voters

Joey Stalin

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think the game is too easy. Just look at how many people got high level spells from keledros. I can do the spider quest with just a torch.

lssj8

New Adventurer
Reaction score
those green spiders arn't hard to kill takes me like 2 hits with me longsword...

umm who do i talk to so i can do the spider quest???

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
should stay the same, maybe add more low-level quests so people stop complaining they can't do the high-end ones (some of which are worth it... *cough*blizzard spell*cough*), and more magic! we need a protection spell and an affliction spell, and to be able to level summoning and stuff (but i'm sure you guys are working on it already)... maybe different titles for spell casting based on which sub-skills you level? like divination (which i'm guessing would be healing mostly) and protection (duh?) with swordsmanship gives paladin? of course, alot of combinations wouldn't give anything other than the spell casting + weapon skill title, but some could sound pretty good... affliction/summoning + axes, swords or small arms = necromancer etc.

i really like the way it is now, once you figure out that you can level all your skills to 10 and still have 2 of them higher for your title you really notice a difference than if you levelled just those 2 skills the same amount, and definitely gives you a reason to use other skills... both my client and fn char carry at least 4 types of weapons regularly now in an attempt at getting all skills to at least 10, and already i've noticed i have alot more hp than i would have if i didn't level those skills at all...

leave it how it is, add some more low-level quests, maybe an entirely new area connected to thornlands that has new low level monsters etc.

deadvoices

New Adventurer
Reaction score
For the most part, the game is balanced quite well. The part I find hard is killing keledros alone...

Innos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I agree Keledros is hard and thats the way it should be since the uber stuff he drops lol

Every thing elts is the way its supposed to be this game is mostly about coop but still I would like a way for single player games to be toned down a bit and only single player games

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Last three times I killed him all I got was mass gold - but I'm sure he'll be more generous when they work the sploit kinks out of him - there should be some monsters that, more or less, require multiple high level players to take down.

Tis true, could use some more low level scavaging areas... Maybe stick some more maps onto thornlands when we get them (Edana Sewers is hard for nubs to find). Would also be nice if we didn't have to go back to Edana to buy arrows or sell skins. Please add fletchers and skin merchants to each town (Derlia, Helena). (I may do this myself, as it's just a bitch to get out of Edana.)

Daragoth also needs a larger low-level area bordering Derilia, if you are going to have people start new characters there. Similarly it needs more training areas within it than the basement rats. (Although, maybe there are there, I've just not found em.)

In the end though, I still think it's TOO EASY - most of us have managed to get to extremely high level, killed Keledros, Calrian, and access some of the best weapons and spells in the game in under a week.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
/me agrees with thothie

there need to be more...something...im not sure what.....higher level things?

examples: Dragons? Knights? Enemy human armies? elves? mountains?

im not sure of alot of things with this mod...because it has so many changes, but is it possible to create a completely new monster and put it into the game on a custom map?

perhaps i'll make a list of questions...

BACK TO THE POINT! there need to be more magic-casting monsters, maybe even ones that can only die in certain ways (magic is ineffective, arrows cant hurt it, only melee, or what ever)

Also, money gained at high levels will make people rich within a few months....leading them to give out the best weapons and buy them back instantly, i suggest making players lose 20%-40% of thier gold when they die, and reducing the ammount of gold obtained from animated armor and bandits.

And something that is quite off topic....PLEASE get someone working on models/model skins....and actually coordinate the models, EXAMPLE: ESS, in your hands you are holding it DOWNWARDS/slanted back, but on the player model it is held UPWARDS/slanted forwards. and other such things...i do like the troll model though ;)

Another idea has struck me...Perhaps make a sort of "area map" for the currently existing daragoth, and soon to be added places...and with soon to be added places, make a fairly detailed map...and maybe someone in the community will work on it :D

-=Night Goul=-

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I like the death penalty idea... except what if you have no more cash left? I think that upon death you lose errr duribility on all things currently being worn like on WoW. Then make the blacksmith be able to repair a items for a price.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
That reminds me:

Yesterday, somebody in-game asked me if it was possible to create new, custom monsters for custom maps (like in Sven Co-Op). Of course I understand the risks of this (1 HP monster dropping perfect FCK for example), but could you guys think about implementing it?

MS v1.35 had so many unused monsters (rogue, Orcish torch warrior, giant polar bear, etc. etc.) that some people thought they were custom when they stumbled across them in custom maps and/or cheatmaps.

MS: C uses all monsters there are (as far as I know, that is), so having the ability to create custom monsters would be something pretty unique and useful for this mod.

Especially when the Central server(s) get(s) secure.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Difficulty would also increase with character specialization, that way you don't have people with lvl 20 in every skill running around with 400+ hp

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Damn, there goes my strategy. 8)

Sir Edric

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think that the diffuculty is Hard but not too Hard. Maybe you should reduce the difficulty just a little bit so that it is easier to kill things. I also like another idea mentioned. Increase the Difficulty with the Level of the player!

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Heh, i downloaded MS:C in the first day but i didn t have much time... But i have played for maybe 5-6 hours and get good level (150hp is good start) but i think this isnt hard... i know ULTIMA ONLINE server where you must be on every day for 2 hours for 1 year if you want SMITHING 100 ;) (no like WOW...) i think MS is not hard, not easy and good for people who dont have much time to play, want play and don t like easy games... GOOD WORK TEAM !

Valdars

New Adventurer
Reaction score
MS:C is not too hard but it could use more thing for lower level characters.
And about custom monsters-reward could be given depending on monsters difficulty.