Can the Golden Axe actually kill non-undead creatures?

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I've been swinging at a Giant Rat with it for ages, I get the "You attack Giant Rat. (46/60( Miss!" But I can't hit above 60, the highest I got is 59/60 so I haven't acctually hit it yet, however I can hit undead.

So can it hit normal monsters?

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
No, everytime it hits it doesn't say it because every 0,0 damage were removed a few patches ago.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Ahhh so that's why when I swing at things it sometimes doesn't display anything, I thought it was just glitchy hit boxes or something.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
thats kind of wierd. whats the story on the axe and why does it go through non dead enemies?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The holy magic surrounding it stops the blade inches away from undeserving creatures (Or so I've just made up :D)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
without even hearing the real story (if there is one) I like that description better

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I don't think there's really a story behind it. It's just a holy item as far as I know ;-)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's m-a-g-i-c... ;) It'll also work on various evil constructs, elementals, and the like. I think the wiki's general rule is, "If it died here, or wasn't born here, it's vulnerable to divine magic."

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
it would be a lot more believeable IMO if the axe was made of particles so it looks like magic rather then a solid thing with physics and the such

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Maybe this axe is strictly holy! It can only destroy non-alive being and can never take life away from any living things 8)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
[sarcasm]What you guys fail to see is that it's completely logical. If you swing an axe the size of a bus at a boar, of course you will slash right through it without causing any injuries. This, of course, also goes for other weapons. Allow me to give some examples:

- If you have, say, a fire arrow, and you shoot it in the eye of a fire bat, it will do zero damage, just as it would do zero damage in real life. I mean, come on, if you shoot a fiery object with 60 km/h into a fire bat's eye, it just won't do damage! Completely logical!

- The same goes with the ice blades. I can grab any ice blade I want, let's just take a greater ice blade, shove it down Ji-ax' throat, and do about zero damage. I can also cut Ji-ax' head off with a greater ice blade and still do zero damage. If ice djinns and greater ice blades were real, the same situations would occur as described above. You just can't cut through cold flesh with something sharper than a razor... just like in real life.

- Last but definately not least, let's talk about the dark maul. I don't know how much it weights, but let's say... eight kg. If I walk up to a fire elemental and smack him on the head with an impact force equivalent to that of an elephant falling from a 30 story building, I will do precisely zero damage. As a matter of fact, if I rammed the maul on the fire elemental's head with an impact force equivalent to that needed to break diamond, I would still do zero damage. Just like in real life.

You see? It's all simple. You'd expect you'd be doing damage, but you're not doing any damage at all. It's just pure logic.[/sarcasm]

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
oh J-M how wrong you are... The greater ice blade and Ice Djinn are real, we just havent found them yet.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Magic and logic don't mix well. ;)

I suppose I could make all the magic weapons additive, in case the concept of magic weapon doesn't lend itself well.

Or just remove magic entirely, and make everything do damage based on weight. Then the concept of magic wouldn't be breaking anyone's minds.

Granted, I'll have to get rid of the walking dead, the orcs, re-spawning, and well, most of the stuff in the game under that premise. But until we go that far, the holy axe is well, holy, so it won't hurt the little piggies, cuz they are just not unholy enough. :roll:

Funny how people only complain about a lack of logic when it works against them. ;)