Buy Mastersword

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You want to purchase the msremake.com domain from Lord K? :|

Also dunno why this is under FN. >_> (NVM that I've no clue what it's about.)

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
lol oops XD Sorry thoth feel free to forward topic to right thread.

I sent him an e-mail hopefully he responds.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Why do you want to hijack our domain? :oldcry:

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Because I plan to make a fantasy based game like oblivion anyways with my game studio so might as well give it a shot with our beloved mastersword. It would be handled professionally under pvgsoft.com I could make the community thriving as well as the development team. I looked on steam although and found that mastersword is not in their search directory. Any clue as to why its not in????????

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Get your own domain! :oldcry:

(Actually, mastersword.net maybe free, if Rickler released it after he /ragequit.)

It's not in there the same reason most mods are not. No one's shelled out the cash to have it added or put on Steam Cloud, nor has any insider picked it up.

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Heh ok ok thoth. Ill back off. I can see you love mastersword very dearly. Its your baby. I respect that lol. But you should try to switch it over to be its own game title =] You can buy a lot of material for unreal engine off of CGI networks for an affordable price to begin getting enough material to start a dev community. Renderosity, DAZ3d those are both good. You should go after it =] Take a dive at it. Source doesnt seem to be going anywhere as valve is about to release their new engine in the next 2 or so years.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I WISH Source wasn't going anywhere. Sadly, it's being updated constantly. That's what makes me worried... You don't want your engine to be updating without your permission if you be a modder. Every update risks your mod's death.

...and if Goldsrc is any indication, just because they make a new engine is no guarantee that they'll stop fiddling with the old one.

In anycase, it's not that it's my baby, so much as I don't want to see this mod destroyed for some other mod that may or may not ever happen. It wasn't until very recently that we took the MSS team into our fold, and we didn't do so at the cost of our current forums and domain.

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I really dont understand why goldsrc is open source right now. You would think after this long Valve would have done it. Well good luck with the Mod Thoth =] you have always been great to the mastersword community. BTW whats your steam id?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The GoldSrc engine isn't open source, sadly, or we wouldn't have these issues. The Source engine isn't either, without licensing, and you pretty much have to hire on Valve to get a proper licensing (I think this is the real reason there's no proper SDK for Source - you always see Valve members on the credits for any Source engine stand-alone game).

I've serveral SteamIDs... But my primary (and only one with the Source SDK) has no working Steam Community, so there's no point in passing it out. :/

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Witness of God said:
Because I plan to make a fantasy based game like oblivion anyways with my game studio

I'd be interested to know about this game studio :?

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
jon50559 said:
Witness of God said:
Because I plan to make a fantasy based game like oblivion anyways with my game studio

I'd be interested to know about this game studio :?

I agree >_>

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
As am I. I think it would be great if you could develop mater sword into its own game provided that you did not fudge with the story.

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i luke at heez site n i wuz liek. lolwut?
unreelz tree and some screenies from unnamed stuffs.
and one IP (Property, Intellectualz) with a few cawncepts.

I felt like I was on ModDB.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
D00d! lolwut! Lynx! Plzktnx!111!!!

(The worst thing about l337 5p33k, is that it is contagious. ><)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Witness of God said:
pvgsoft.com
whatwhat.gif
:oops:

Hrmm... Nice clean website. Some truly lovely concept art... Looks good save for the lack of actual game content, just hope it doesn't go all checkerboarded hopes on ya, and it actually becomes something.

MIND YOU, I'm not saying you *can't* work on MSC for the Unreal engine. Anyone can redo MSC under any engine they want, so far as I'm concerned, and if I can get permission from the various owners, I'll even donate materials... I just don't wanna lose our website in the process. ;)

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Some of the concept art is taken directly from Empire Total War. Unless the artist who was working on Empire Total War is now contributing to your company, that looks like blatant plagiarism to me.

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
I feel something worth putting in my sig is about to go down...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
PVGSoft's "Seven Seas" Concept Art
Sega's "Empire Total War" Concept Art

wtf_meh.png

<Insert biblical quote of choice here>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's closer to the bearing false witness thing, but I suppose that's covered by #9... Although maybe I just want to say that because I'm so good at plagiarizing materials for MSC - but hey, at least I don't take the credit. ;)

Although I am also wondering if Witness of God is really... Witness of God.

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Did he even make the logo? Is it even his site? What is there left to believe in this world anymore?!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted. Always build your walls with an excessive number of hand-holds."

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Perhaps my concept artist was doing work for Sega he is a famous concept artist. Although all that concept art is for the game I have full rights and e-mail proof from the artist Rado. If you dont believe me you can e-mail him [email protected] or http://radojavor.deviantart.com/ asking him if pvgsoft has rights as well for website ownership do who.is

Thank you JM for the compliments. Its good to see you again. I am starting to remember why I left the community. It seems the negative attitudes are still floating around.