Boss Fixes

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok well heres the deal, I'm level 20 wizard... clanmate/guildmate is a 28 titan... and we've been able to down every boss except final in bloodrose... And i think there's a major change that should be made to SOME bosses. (I don't think we should be as capable as we are at beating the ice lord for our levels...). And mostly cause we both have raven maces, and a golden axe we could probably beat him anyways. But I think Re-entering a boss a room so easily should definately be removed to make these guys a bit more threatening. The 25% regen thing is pretty worthless since you can just jump off all the time! (Especially for Dijin/Ice Lord). Some bosses like the blacksmith have those nasty horros so yeah re-entry should be ok its not like you really want to kill him without the volcano anyway. Just saying that harder bosses in the future would be A LOT more intense and require more planning etc. If you couldn't so easily run out/kill yourself and re-enter free of charge.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I could probably rig it so a boss would get its 25% health bonus whenever its target died, regardless of how it came to pass.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
ouch that would make every boss very hard, very hard indeed.

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well I mean I don't want to ya know turn everything impossible. Just seems like people like me a duo with only 2 weeks of play time with no outside... given equipment should of had already downed every boss but bloodrose final.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I could probably rig it so a boss would get its 25% health bonus whenever its target died, regardless of how it came to pass.
I sure as hell hope you don't and I am eagerly awaiting Shurik3n's reaction (since he somewhat shares my point of view on stuff like this).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, the other, more sensible (mayhaps) solution would be to let bosses slowly regenerate, so they get some HP back during the time it takes for you to return to them, but the effect is basically the same (although mayhaps not 25% per kill, lest you have no reloc crystals and are on ms_snow or some such.)

Tao

New Adventurer
Reaction score
No, just remove the pits, increase their HP and put a level requirement on every weapon.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Tao said:
No, just remove the pits, increase their HP and put a level requirement on every weapon.

so...large meatbags? no thx.

level requirements could be a good thing though...don't make a level requirement to hold the non-magical items, but make it so if you're not proficient enough with it yet - you accidentally cut yourself sometimes XD

Tao

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well, I think a boss fight should be long and not done in 2 mins. :D
Futhermore, the level requirement should be more drastical, to put it clearly: You can hold a weapon but can't hit if you don't have the level requirement, for the golden axe I would put a lvl 30 requirement to prevent noobs from beating all the bosses.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I dunno, most weapons already have built in limitations. All the spells have level limitations... Armor has weight limitations... And it's not as if you can toss a Golden Axe into the hands of a level 11 player and watch him go out and pwn with it, cuz he'd have about a 15% chance of actually hitting anything. :\

It's also not the level 25'ers, twinked or otherwise, that are pwning all the bosses, save when they are in groups.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I dunno, most weapons already have built in limitations. All the spells have level limitations... Armor has weight limitations... And it's not as if you can toss a Golden Axe into the hands of a level 11 player and watch him go out and pwn with it, cuz he'd have about a 15% chance of actually hitting anything. :\

As opposed to a lvl 30's 20% :oldlol:

Tao

New Adventurer
Reaction score
But that's already enough as you can see :)
Somehow, the attempt to make the boss fights harder by adding pits has now the opposite effect.

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well I solo'd Venevus at level 21, shortly followed by [FSM]Monster solo'ing Atholo at level 28... I guess thats the thing that makes me uneasy ha

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Tao said:
Somehow, the attempt to make the boss fights harder by adding pits has now the opposite effect.
I am not surprised by this - at all.
People get so amazingly annoyed by those holes that they want the fight to be over as fast as possible. Dedication and determination of such people make the boss fights alot shorter :mrgreen: