Binding spells?

Yossarian

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have trouble going through my weapons and spells and scrolls and potions, is there some way to bind them with f1-10?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You can bind tomes, but not scrolls. When scrolls are used, they are recreated in your inventory. They do come with the bonus of allowing you to move during preperation. I commonly tome rejuvenation and ice shield so I can access them quickly. Another measure is to make sure your spellbook is the first thing in the pack list, so you see it when you open your inventory. To do this, unequip and reequip all containers save for your spellbook. Next time you load your character, your spellbook will be first in the list and show up when you bring your inventory up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...and just in case you aren't familiar with how to quickslot items at all...

Draw item or memorized spell, hold down F1-F10 for about 3 seconds, you'll get a little sound and a message at the bottom left of your screen. Tap the assigned key again to draw the item later. As noted above, doesn't work with scrolls. It should work with potions - but unlike some games, MSC isn't smart enough to assign the next potion of the same type to the quickslot, so once the potion runs dry, you'll have to quick slot another.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Try dropping/re-equipping your containers so that the first container you see when you open your inventory is your spellbook.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Another measure is to make sure your spellbook is the first thing in the pack list, so you see it when you open your inventory. To do this, unequip and reequip all containers save for your spellbook. Next time you load your character, your spellbook will be first in the list and show up when you bring your inventory up.
;)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Haha exactly what I was thinking. Repeating something that was said before doesn't make YOU right....

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I stopped reading after he started talking about tomes. My bad. :?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Aapreciate you tryin to help... Just read the thread first :p

Yossarian

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Appreciate the help... maybe I should have confirmed success after the first few replies.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound harsh or anything... Well, my signature describes it all.