Amateur artist willing to try doing concept art for MS

Reimu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'd like to apologize beforehand if the resolutions is too big.

Hello! I've been drawing now and then but have been mostly prioritizing gaming (which kind of disappoints me). Though since 19 December 2014 i managed to influence my life and have been drawing daily since then.

I have still yet to learn the fundamentals for drawing (anatomy, shading, proportions, perspective, color composition etc) and i believe it will come automatically because of my "high standards" i have on myself (also counting that i will stop drawing weaboo shit).

Anyway, I've mostly drawing digitally, and i made a quickie of a sword and managed to throw in some quick "turd" coloring before i had to go to the bed for the next school day.

I find myself less likely to continue on this one as i want to experiment other things.
YNJqSrE.png

Rest is not relevant for MS but is still sort of concepts (they were for practicing angles and sort of anatomy)
O8FDPBI.png
8gMs6Hr.png

As long you do not have high expectations, it will probably not be too big of a disappointment :D .

P.S. I think me sticking to weapon concepts would make me feel a bit more comfortable but i'm always up for challenges if that is needed.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
T-That'd be a lot of poly, especially that furry armor. Be gentle! ;)

I know we have a fish-blade thingie here somewhere, that kinda looks a bit like that sword, in basic shape and color at least, save that it looks like arse.

Reimu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, i didn't really have any intention of the character being relevant for the mod as i drew it before i picked up Master Sword again.

Seeing this thread not being so active lately in terms of other drawings (you developers is probably keeping it for yourself i assume), i'd gladly to make it a bit more lively and maybe if possible contribute some ideas and hope more people is wants to join us.

By the way, a player (Killerfreak iirc) in MS:C mentioned to me that the new Felewyn shard model had a familiar look from god of war. It goes by the name "Blade of Olympus". http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_of_Olympus Are we aware of it?

I know we have a fish-blade thingie here somewhere

A new weapon leaked in the upcoming patch? :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Reimu said:
By the way, a player (Killerfreak iirc) in MS:C mentioned to me that the new Felewyn shard model had a familiar looking from god of war. It goes by the name "Blade of Olympus". http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_of_Olympus Are we aware of it?
cancer_man_fml.jpg
Well, crap... Could go back to the old one... The only other swords I have on hand are either so outlandishly magical looking that they'd probably have to be the final apostle weapon, too mundane to pass for anything fancy, don't match the theme, or are already reserved for something else. Maybe I have something... Somewhere. At least I haven't gotten around to tweaking the Undamael "deployment model" to match the new sword yet.

Reimu said:
I know we have a fish-blade thingie here somewhere

A new weapon leaked in the upcoming patch? :)
Do have a fairly healthy array of weapon models on the block - healthy enough not to use one that looked as terrible as that one did. It's buried in some archive around here somewhere, no doubt. But it looked more like a cooked red fish on the end of a bone than anything else (darn, maybe I really have lost it though...).

Reimu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm actually a huge fan of the old felewyn shard model and was pretty disappointed with the new one. Though i can not blame you guys for trying to be original. Oh well, glad that i could prevent some unneccessary work from happening at least.

Um.. the bar feels kinda high knowing how awesome it have looked throughout time, and replacing it with something that is less appealing than before is probably a wrong step especially for what you have to go through to acquire it. It is a cool quest and in my opinion,it is easily worth the time put into it just for the appearance of the weapon. Now days it is outscaled by other weapons. Maybe we should make it less appealing so people will not prejudice the way i did after realizing it is not as strong as it looks. :wink:

Though i guess we will have to see as the time flows. I guess i just filled up your "To do list:" which usually is not the funniest experience as a developer i presume.

YuFJJ.png

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Reimu said:
I'm actually a huge fan of the old felewyn shard model and was pretty disappointed with the new one. Though i can not blame you guys for trying to be original. Oh well, glad that i could prevent some unneccessary work from happening at least.
Well, the real motivation to replace it was everyone was complaining that the thing sucked (statistically), in addition to the rather unintuitive and crazy attempts to cut down on the huge numbers of them - so I wanted a, "This isn't your mom's Felewyn Shard" effect (plus, the model has some painful MSC drama behind it, centering around its creator)... Was going to be bring the old sword back for the final apostle weapon, but, meh, that's so far off. (Statistically, it's the strongest sword in game now, against undead, at least.)

It's pretty iconic for MSC at this point (hell, it's at the top of the page), and while it's based on a tutorial, the damn thing's everywhere, so I don't think there's a copyright issue - unlike say, a God of War sword. Been doing backflips to get rid of all this copyrighted stuff, only to fall into the same damned trap.

And don't worry about filling the to-do list... The to-do list has stuff dating back a decade on it, and it'll probably take another decade to do what remains on it - by which time there'll be another decade worth of stuff on it - and I'll be dead.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Reimu said:
By the way, a player (Killerfreak iirc) in MS:C mentioned to me that the new Felewyn shard model had a familiar look from god of war. It goes by the name "Blade of Olympus". http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_of_Olympus Are we aware of it?

LOL, nice!

As for the artwork, girl looks nice, sword looks a bit weird to me though.

Reimu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes. I can both agree and believe that the sword is probably not well considered as the work overall was made in a hurry. Luckily this is not the last time that i will try doing artwork and post here. I will try putting in more effort in the upcoming attempts.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Nice work! I think a much more useful application of your skills might be custom textures for us mappers to use, though.

Reimu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Drawing landscape and such is something i am going to have to practice a lot if it is going to look decent. Though i do not really have any experience with texturing or what the core is when creating textures.

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Reimu said:
I am loving those pictures in general, must be the curves. :)

I always gotta love me the idea of new content or just images to make me feel good.

*hugs the pictures* :D

Reimu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm glad you liked them.

I hope i can keep impressing you as much as now with my upcoming artworks.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Drawing landscape and such is something i am going to have to practice a lot if it is going to look decent. Though i do not really have any experience with texturing or what the core is when creating textures.
You could also try your hand at reskinning some of the monsters in the game. It's always nice to have new enemies.

Everquest

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The girl drawings look very good, but I am a sucker for "mostly" plain jane weapons. Anything overly out landish does not suit my tastes. Just make mine sharp and sturdy enough to lop the head of a goblin off or pierce the armor of an orc and I am happy. :mrgreen:

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Do you still visit this forum Reimu?

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I know you guys found the sword weird, but I actually find it quite interesting, i'm using the concept as texture for the moment but it has great potential, I would love Reimu's comment on the blade
47bd27909715214.jpg
a1c44f909715234.jpg

Attachments

• 47bd27909713764.jpg
    47bd27909713764.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2
  • a1c44f909713784.jpg
    a1c44f909713784.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 2

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester