Abduction

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Kharaztorant?

I assume Kharaztorant followed by a circle of elite Hollow Ones that do the organizing, followed by regional Hollow Ones, who control the elders and the acolytes who use their power to control the various larva and childer in turn. But if you have a better idea, I’m all ears.

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
How about an insane cult priest/wizard 0_o

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i'd say keep it as a circle of elite hollows, or maybe something one step above a hollow one...

that way when we get to fight them, it can be an interestin fight...with them acting as a team.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I think that Lor Malgoriand should be the leader of the Kharaztorant cult, just to rub things in. He became the leader of the cult after murdering the previous leader, which could be one of the X number of ways to gain membership. All his subordinates believe he is taking over the world for their sake, but his real plan is to forcibly turn all of the cultists into childres and turn them into an army of monsters. This could be an interesting plot line in Lor Malgoriand's castle, where they discover what he's trying to do and team up with you to beat him up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Problem with that: Lor Malgoriand is dead. ;) Hence the whole splintered orc tribes, uncontrolled undead, and Maldora claiming to be the reincarnation thang.

IARI

New Adventurer
Reaction score
MAX_PATCHES and MAX_MAP_CLIPNODES and MAX_Whatnotever are now telling me that i seem to have to split my map up to at least 2...

No, theres no box around my map and axtually almost only visible faces are not textured with NULL...im jusr about to scale all textures up that can be scaled up without making the map too ugly -.-

The thing is Im working with 3 RMF files already as te map is so complex, while in one of those evry max thing i exceeded. so far i can handle the problem but im afraid i wont be able to put the three back together to one map :(.

Anyways, i still havent completed the terrain, it also needs fixxes, but ill post some screenies soon.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
hlcsg -cliptype precise
Will probably take care of your clipnode problem. (if not, try -cliptype simple, or at worst case, -cliptype smallest)

Maxpatches can be controlled by tweaking the hlrad settings. Increasing -chop and -texchop in increments of 64 being the easiest way. Also be sure you are using the -sparse calc method, quality is the same, and it breaks some limits, although tis slower.

In the end, however, may not be a bad idea to split maps up into smaller chunks for sake of entities.

IARI

New Adventurer
Reaction score
But Spliiting it up would make the maploose thefeeling that you can roam it.... it will be another gauntlet series.
Whatever
We'll see about that later when iva finished the Terrain .... My head is exploding right now o0

Btw Update:
95% Of Terrain Done

(not counting lots of fixxing that needs to be done and a forest that needs to be redone too...)

also Added [ninjaedit] 5 Screenshots.

Toth, if you will ever find the time (and your slavedrivers will let you :D) to start on the initiates, holow ones, firelizard and maybe even a custom boss let me hear it.

I still need someone to do the Dragon-statue-model or redo tothies.

so long,
IARI

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
:O :O :O This map looks freaking epic!!!! And alternative gameplay? Sweeeeeeeet! Very nice looking too!

git-r-done

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Looks cool. Hopefully someone helps you out with the monsters so you can play it in May :D.

IARI

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Still gotta fix lots of stuff -.-

right now fighting a 2k+ wpoly (big hall where dragon model goes) problem *g

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Or even better yet, play it at the interem patch :D

Tetsmega1

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Needs more torture chambers and brainwashing rooms.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
ms_guantanamo?

IARI

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ò_Ó .. anyways thats the onlything still missing actually ... the hostage dungeon.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Since I'm a follower of Khaz myself, I think it should be a rogue sect of the cult trying to dominate the withered Khaz and use what power he has left to make a forced, imperfect, Childre army. maybe involving a big long quest about freeing Khaz and restoring him to his former power... and getting a title for doing such.... anyway. If something as big as one of the dragons from lore is going to be here, I'd really want it integral to the story somehow, don't want this to be a one map wonder disjointed from the rest of the world.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I don't think that it's really the Super Holy Urdulian Felewynic Random Adventurers' (us) job to restore the demonic dragon-leader of the Kharaztorant cult (GUYS WHO WANT TO KILL US YES!) back to power.

Jawalt

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Why not say 2 versions of the map same terrain same stuff different enemies ,and quest lines. As you go through the dungeoun you hit a boss early on ,and during this fight he offers you to join him. In doing so he teleports you to the dragon statue chamber he is explaining their wicked plan to restore khazorantaz (sp?) ,and suddenly the ground quakes ,and the khaz start squaring off with Deralian soldiers. There are 3 bosses on each side. 1 being the main boss with a following of 10 or more units ,and the 2 others with 5 ,and many random units running about. The map would have entities that would lure npcs to them that were crystals or control points that when one side destroys it it respawns ,and spawns their troops ,so you can take it back ,and forth. Finally as the battle rages on one side will run out of soldiers ,and back off. If its your side you are imprisoned ,and must use the hatchway in your cell to travel elsewhere (helena?) ,and if you win you get loot respectively. If you joined the human side the boss would continue fighting then eventually tele away. Then Deralia soldiers show up ,and start fighting with you. Maybe the loot could be a high level armour ,and a crest that looks differently depending on which side you fought for. Maybe if you do the map ,and any of the players are wearing a good or dark crest the quest autostarts for that side. if both are present maybe a vote choice? Also you should not be allowed to have both crests it would hurt you when you try to open the chest if you have the opposite sides crest. Also on the deralia side you would be attempting to save the prisoners for extra loot ,and on khaz trying to get them ,and bring them back for extra loot. Maybe if all prisoners are saved/imprisoned a weapon pops up too?

.....Or something like that?

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Too...long...attention...span...fading...

:p

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Old helena is about the closest to a war scene we're going to get with the limitations of the engine, maybe if there was a starting map with a quest involved that was low ish level on the outside, and had two teleports to two different maps depending on what quest you finish with the npc. As far as I know there wouldn't be a practical way to track every single persons faction, so whoever does the quest is going to set the triggers through either branch series with items given from each map to continue, at the end of each one you use the key item to spawn an artifact and open the next map in the branch series.

It's really hard to do these kinds of things that for storyline purposes happen once and are permenent without creating temporal loopholes.

As for the "we woulden't want to revive khaz" stuff, I don't know who this we is... but *I* am a follower of Torkalath, and a disciple of the true Kharaztorant, *I* do want to revive him because it would cause chaos and level the field for all factions.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
As for your last point, you're going to have to make a map where you free Kharaztorant.

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Either way, I think this map will be a classic.

IARI

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Just so you guys all know, im taking break from msc right now. too much RL trouble and so on ... havent been playing for 2 months now and not worked on the map for mroe than 1 month. but dont worry, i promise that i will finish the map.
ill be back but i dont know when that will be exactly :)

so long
IARI