A short question about the shadow goblins.

Fredrikli

New Adventurer
Reaction score
What damage is effective against them?

it seems that they are immune to everything: lightning, cold, fire, divination, blunt, slash, pierce.. well, you name it!

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
They are immune to you if they jump on top of you. But if they're just walking around, you should be able to hit them with just about everything.
If you're pounced, you can only hope that some other player rescues you.

Fredrikli

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah, the pouncers i know is killable, but the "elite shadow goblin II" (i think that's his name) that can be found in Orc_for, I can't hit. its as if he isn't there.. but he is. o_O

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
If he is invisible, you can't hit it. Simple.

Pouncers can be tricky sometimes to hit, when someone else is pounced and you are trying to rescue them... And if im not mistaking these are immune to damage if the player who is being pounced is using dot attacks on them (they don't get hit at all).

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
If he is invisible, you can't hit it. Simple.

I was having trouble damaging shadows on my LAN character. The OP might be on to something, perhaps they are bugged at the lower levels?

Fredrikli

New Adventurer
Reaction score
logically, you can't hit them if they are invisible, but as darkwasp was saying, maybe it's a bug of some sort. I was also playing LAN when this occured. i have not met another shadow goblin since then but we were pretty frustrated over having to run past him all the time just to be able to advance in the map.

and also just to clarify - it's not the pouncers we're talking bout'. ;)
(at least I'm not)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Semi-logically, at least. You should still be able to hit the novice ones, even when invisible, but said novice ones should also leave a blood trail, just being not as good at the whole invisibility thing.

I've gotten reports of this bugger becoming invulnerable before, but I've chalked it up to lag anomalies in the past. I did a little something, but nothing severe... I think I'm going to have to do something where, if he attacks or damages someone, he'll double check his invulnerability status.

Totally unrelated, but I did nerf the pouncer quite a bit as folks seem to have had trouble hitting him while he was riding someone.

Fredrikli

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OK!

edit:
should this be moved to another section?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh... Maybe trouble shooting or bug reports but... Meh... Close enough. ;)

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Next time I'm at a restaurant and the waiter asks what I want, I'm going to start off by saying "I have a short question about the shadow goblins."

Srgnt Rehab

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Red Cell said:
Next time I'm at a restaurant and the waiter asks what I want, I'm going to start off by saying "I have a short question about the shadow goblins."

Waiter replies, "oh, were they not cooked all the way through?"