a little bit of some suggestions of the element 'air'

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
okay im sure your all familiar with the element 'air' or also know as wind.. well i was thinking after reading a bit over in the art forum or something like that.. i saw thothie say that the element air is based off of lightning or thunder... :eek: ..? i mean seriously.. wtf...

air is a very main based element thats characteristics are quite great and i think that saying that a air elemental would fire lightning is just plain out stupid.. i mean come on..

what im saying is that more 'air' and 'wind' based things need to be included in this mod and air atronachs (or elementals) and other creatures alike that use this element need to have high damaging air based projectiles that should be unblockable and fast also piercing and can knock you around a bit

(piercing as in it 'hits' you then registers a hit and damage amount then goes straight through you and hits lets say joe is behind you for example and then the continuing air missile would go straight through him and register a hit and damage) and anything the air missile cant drill through it should explode on contact with like a wall or something

but this attack is just for example i would also like to see an attack thats like fire ball but when shot it hits a target then explodes on contact making people and other things get flung about from its blast doing no damage but making the enemy get slung around also making them dazzed and confused like a concussion grenade charge

(maybe you could strip that from team fortress classic somehow) but that would be excellent also air weapons and armor for the players.. this would be great! i myself love the element wind and would just die to see some player items that use this element.. well for starters weapons that use the element wind should have a special that could knock the enemy around and also be damn near always registering hits or have a nasty dispel attack that can blast your enemy away from you if your getting ganged up on

but armors on the other hand would be tricky.. i think having something wind based elemental armors or vests and garments alike should contain the ability to let you jump higher run faster be VERY light because it portraying to the element of wind it should also provide decent damage protection from most melee attacks from a enemy so alas these are all my ideas about this.. and i think i did a decent job at saying whats on my mind..

here are some pictures that go with the weapons and armor
Swords_Wild_Wind_M1097_1204.jpg

Wind Saber
d_464.jpg

Air Scar
d_383.jpg

Wing Shadow
d_959.jpg

Typhoon Fang
1705.jpg

Air Wielding Gauntlets (For Unarmed Combat)
1606.jpg

Axe Of Clouds
excal.jpg

Armor Of Air
excalh.jpg

Helmet Or Air

this is all i have for now.. state what you think :roll:
Edited due to some people being picky about my paragraph absence :oldcry:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
1) Paragraphs, plzktnx

2) Lightning is the defacto element of air oriented energy. This is how alchemy works, look it up. :p

3) Also intended to give them the ability to whip you about with air blasts, pull you to and fro, stun with noxious breath, and I'm hoping for a tornado effect - but it will be the WW tornado that someone already complained about, as I've no other model for that sort of thing.

Couldn't read the rest... Eyes exploded.

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
...actually i can prove otherwise
http://wicca.timerift.net/elements.shtml

those are the real main elements and guess what..?
theres no ice or lightning? why? because those are LESSER elements!

ten points for me

Air suggests the principle of height. Astrological Air looks down on things from above, detached, in contrast to the personal and often deep involvement of Water, seeing things in perspective, with clarity and sharpness. It enables a broad overview, connecting it with the role of Jupiter. It offers a sense of freedom. From detachment can arise abstract thought in the pure realm of idea.

When Anaximenes, another 6th century BC Greek philosopher, declared that Air was infinite and divine, the principle from which all things came into being it seems that he regarded Air as "the breath of the world." Air shares with Fire, the other masculine element, notions of soul and immortality. The Greek Spirit, "pneuma", and Soul, "psyche", and the Latin "spiritus" and "anima" all etymologically mean breath.

Pneuma is the word used for the Holy Spirit which descends through the Air on the wings of a dove. Similar to the Sanskrit prana and Chinese chi it implies the life-giving and life enhancing force that enters the body with the breath. Prometheus in fact breathes life into his men of dust. Artists sometimes portrayed the soul as a butterfly (in modern Greek psyche also means Butterfly) leaving the lip of a dying person. How often to the winds blow from the lips of semi-divine beings, like a global extension of the breath of life.

Galen attributed to the sanguine or Airy type "simplicity bordering on foolishness." But later the Airy temperament took on superior qualities. In the 12th century, William of Conches identified Air as the element proper to man, distinguishing humanity from the beasts who consisted only of Fire, Water and Earth.

Animals presumably breathed then as now, but lacked souls. William believed all human beings were originally created with the blessed sanguine temperament. He felt that since the majority of people suffered from temperaments other than sanguine merely testified to mankind's degenerate state. Although Gemini, Libra and Aquarius were not yet firmly classed as the Airy trigon, they were represented by image of the human form and a man-made object rather than by images of beasts. In William's day, the sanguine or Airy person, good-natured. good-looking, cheerful and nearer to good, had the natal blessing of the Greater Benefice Jupiter.

Alchemy similarly implied that Air was the supreme element, connecting it with the final, most spiritual of the four phases of the opus, the sublimatio, the stage of the hieros gamos the holy marriage or ultimate conjuctio. Psychologically the sublimatio corresponds to the power of abstract purpose and meaning from concrete reality; to experience joy relief, bliss.

A partial explanation of the elevation of the Airy type lies in the doctrine of the four humors defined in the Hippocratic writings. Hippocrates, the great physician of the rich 6th century BC, identified four basic humors or bodily fluids. However, while yellow bile, black bile and phlegm were considered "surplus humors", blood was obviously a vital substance. Hippocrates had already begun tentatively to link physical characteristics to the psychological and moral realm, but it was Galen, in the 2nd century AD, who "emphasized more clearly than anyone else the direct causal connection between bodily constitution and character."

It was from Galen's work that the system of temperaments (krases or mixtures) developed, to traverse Arab culture before re-emerging in Europe during the Middle Ages, to then remain fundamental to medicine and medical psychology until quite recently. In each temperament one humor predominated, for example, blood in the sanguine type. Illnesses resulted from severe imbalances, and each humor had precedence of the four seasons. An individual suffering from an excess of blood was bled with leeches!

The four Elements, said by Empedocles to form the constitution of human beings, became identified by one of his followers, Philistion, with four qualities. Later they formed a different relationship by which Fire became hot and dry, Water cold and moist, and so on. By Galen's day they had paired with the four humors (see figure 1). At some point the planets joined the system, more or less in this schema.

Just as Fire and Air had vied with each other for pride of place, with Air victorious by the late Middle Ages, Earth and Water vied for the bottom rung "so that in the 15th and 16th century illustrations, the portrait of the melancholic frequently changed places with the portrait of the phlegmatic, sometimes one and sometimes the other occupying the third place." The separating "masculine" from "feminine" Elements, however, never blurred.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I congratulate you on being to quote from many dozens of irrelevant Wikipedia articles with absolutely no concept of the subject matter you are speaking.

Lightning, alchemically speaking, is excited air, moving towards the earth, which being its naturally opposing element, negates, or grounds it.

'sides, our air elemental has lighting dancing across his eyes, so yer stuck with it. Gitmo.

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
but we are talking main stream elements here :oldcry: you at least should include some air based materials that dont shoot lightning and stuff make them normal firing wind baddies and as for player stuff there is always room for being unique!

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
theres one word to fix "air" :

"Gust" Elements

:D

(probably is the same but nvm lol)

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
also i'm not sure but i think this is what everyone means:

A elemental that does extreme wind damege

Air-Elemental.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
3) Also intended to give them the ability to whip you about with air blasts, pull you to and fro, stun with noxious breath, and I'm hoping for a tornado effect - but it will be the WW tornado that someone already complained about, as I've no other model for that sort of thing.
But unless it has a damaging attack as well (ie. lightning), it's useless, lest you happen to be near a hazard.

There are already several other games where air elementals shoot lightning so this is hardly out of the "main stream". (Knights of the Round, Ultima, Gate of Doom, etc. etc.) Lightning isn't an element in itself, but it is something angry air elementals and air oriented spirits / gods, traditionally use as a weapon.

If/when we convert the magic system to elements, all your lightning spells swill be headed under Air, so get used to it.

Oedipus

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
*finds picture of a nakid man on google*
*paints black box over the more sensitive area*
*posts picture in this post with the words - "Armour of Air" *
*^^*

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The element must be called "wind"

Some wind attacks i've seen are about a wind vortex so fast it slashes everything inside it

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Who? please not me i did nothing

I think wind spells must have that "slice n dice" effect i talk about.

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
zEdge, sorry to burst your bubble, but Air elementals in MS will use lightning to attack, because Air and Lightning go hand in hand. The concept of air passing through things is ridiculous, as well, but I do like the stuff about knocking people around, which these elementals should definitely do. But they use lightning to hurt the hell outta people, so they're actually dangerous.