A few ideas

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
These are a few ideas I've been brewing up over the last few hours.

Wands and staves - Elementally aligned pieces of wood that help decrease the mana cost of spells while increasing the damage. Using a fire wand with fire bolt will increase the damage, while using it with an ice spell will have no effect. [edit] When casting spells, you will pull the wand out instead of using your hands. Casting spells with a wand will decrease the chance of the spell failing when you activate it. [/edit]

This opens up all sorts of opportunities for new rares. There could be Maldora's Staff, which gives you 50 shots of a spell (activated by pressing LMB with the wand in your hand(s)). When the charges run out, you can ask a mage to recharge it for you (the priests of Urdual won't touch it - it's laced with dark magic) for a large fee (depending on which spell the staff/wand is enchanted with). You could also buy wands and staves from mages and enchant your own using Divination.

Provoke - This Affliction (?) spell will cause the target creature to attack you. Useful for saving newbies from a boss to stop them feeding.

Shield of Saint Salphromine (replace with real saint's name) - A rare shield with a twist. Enchanted by (insert chosen Saint here), this shield gives the wielder a huge defense bonus. This shield is invulnerable, and every time you block with it you gain a minor amount of experience in Divination. At Divination level 5 and above, you can initiate a charged attack which stuns the creature it hits, and deals damage to Undead creatures depending on your Divination level.

Ring of the Reaver - A ring, forged by the Ice Reavers. It was stolen by a mysterious adventurer, who gave to a priest of Urdual in Edana. The priest was murdered by Orcs, and the ring was stolen. It has not been seen since. The ring gives the wearer partial invulnerability to Ice magic and a lesser Ice Shield (reduces damage).

Hammer of the Gods - This spell, not linked to any school of magic, allows the caster to hold the Hammer of the Gods for a period of time. This hammer does an amount of damage based on your Blunt Weapons skill. It will cost all of your current mana, and the more mana you have, the longer you'll be able to hold it (at a rate of 2 mana per second, all paid when you cast the spell). Dropping or attempting to stuff the hammer into your bags will dispel it.

Plague - This level 20 Affliction spell will bring ranks upon ranks of monsters down. When this spell is cast, a small, magic capsule is released that explodes on contact. Any monsters caught in the blast will be infected with an incurable disease which will spread among the target's allies.

Discuss.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've been meaning to suggest wands for Erratic Lightning and Fire Dart instead of the dull, repeated spell casting - wands enchanted with limited magic to get common folk more involved with magic, without the need to learn all about it.

No need for provoke. As far as I know, a creature will attack its last attacker, so if you want to deaggro yourself, bring a shield and start blocking, and let someone else dish some damage.

Might work differently if attacking from a range.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
Hammer of the Gods - NICE! I like that idea!

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I like the idea of Plague. A disease which spreads on touch or close range. Of course it wouldn't pass exp right, but it would still be awesome.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i like these ideas too, except for the ring of the reaver...

for one, reavers...don't exactly look like they'd be forging things...

second, the constant lesser ice shield SFAIK won't work - or at least wouldn't stack with ice shield.