Worthwhile Free MMOs

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ragnarok online on a decent private server is alright, and not too graphically demanding unless you are in a Guild War and got like 20 wizards spamming the screen with death.

Runescape is fine if nothing else will run on your computer, having so many little skills to level up does it for some people. I played it until I discovered Mastersword and Ragnarok.
You can be an effing lumberjack

My younger brother plays Grand Chase with his girlfriend. Looks like a cutesy 2d fighting game, with rpg elements, and ofcourse a cashshop for people who want to buy gear instead of play for it. (cookie cutter cash shop asian rpg lol)

I wonder if Valve will ever take a step into the MMORPG market, obviously Mr. Gabe and other employees play WoW. Why else would they be adding random drop and trading of item system in TF2.

LOL MMO in the Half-Life Universe but completely based on action

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
mario_bump.gif

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think there was an official River City Ransom online, but I think it died or never got released

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
There's always Pokemon On-Line. I got sucked into POL after learning that Vista didn't support Project 64K and I couldn't play Super Smash Bros. online anymore :|

Stormshift

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Wow, our computers must SUCK if we're still suggesting Runescape and Pokemon Online as games to play. :mrgreen:

Luckily, I have Aion beta access. No servers till friday though :(

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Found a mod for Diablo 2 that brought the game back to life for me, along with a private server that works pretty well and is heavy handed on cheats. (Friend got banned for an hour for dropping gold too fast as it's a sploit for something bigger, had to intentionally do it, was hilarious.)

Slowly recruiting people into it and on 4th zon build which finally is being pretty damn close to perfect.

Got tired of Atlantica online a while back, it's interesting for a week or two but goes grindy at 50+ without pumping money or massive amount of time into it.

Tried a few others not really worth mentioning.

Runes of magic seems to be expanding bit by bit and bringing more and more people under it's wing. But D2,L4D, RL all have me too occupied to go and try that.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Stormshift said:
Wow, our computers must SUCK if we're still suggesting Runescape and Pokemon Online as games to play. :mrgreen:

Luckily, I have Aion beta access. No servers till friday though :(

Speaking of betas... :/ @ not getting into the beta for mortal online... First person MMO. Looked interesting but screw that now if I have to pay, I'm waiting for FFXIV!

Stormshift

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
WeissberV said:
Speaking of betas... :/ @ not getting into the beta for mortal online... First person MMO. Looked interesting but screw that now if I have to pay, I'm waiting for FFXIV!

Haha yeah, hopefully it dumps on FFxi. THF/NIN & RDM/NIN :D
I never got to level my Samurai though...

The teaser video gave me chills, since I already wasted 2 years of my life on their first game.

[EDIT] Actually, I've wasted most of my life on their entire series :oldshock: