[WIP] Samurai Armor Set

benky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Is this enough fancy for you guys... ?

samuraiarmorzh2.jpg

Note:
Ive find this armor model in my Hard drive, i resized it for the master sword player model and fixed some problems on it.

Hush

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Wow, not bad :)
I'm not that great samuraifan, but I think there are some player, who can't wait for a shredder-look ;)

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Making the body armor a bit bigger would make it look way better, IMO.

benky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Heh, thanks guys =) but i do not deserve any credit (exept for the resize) for this model.

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, thats awesome, it definatly should be ingame.
If someone could remove most of the plates then we would have a nice rogue/assassin armor.

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The dude who made the ever first post in here said:
Note:
Ive find this armor model in my Hard drive, i resized it for the master sword player model and fixed some problems on it.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
i love samurais they awsome i'd love to see this armour in game i'd be wearing it all the time :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: a samurai sword would also be amaaaaazing for this :)

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I prefer stealthy figures such as NINJAS, but a samurai is close to it...close...
A katana, not a samurai sword <.<

kray1091

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Wow!......He stole my "excuse".

Any How, It looks pretty damn good on msc models.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Ye'd likely need to send it to me, as I have the master armor file.

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thats not a true katana, it got a straight blade <_<
The true katana has a well balanced curved blade for great speed and cutting damage and meh...
Watch Kill Bill and you will see the TRUE katana in action :|

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Tirex said:
Thats not a true katana, it got a straight blade <_<
The true katana has a well balanced curved blade for great speed and cutting damage and meh...
Watch Kill Bill and you will see the TRUE katana in action :|

yay
+ they need to be maaaaaaaaaaaaasively big curved swords :D

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Your lack in samurai knowledge hurts me :oldcry:

1st A katana is a samurai sword, during the early years in samurai history this is what they used

2nd the curved type your talking about is called tachi, this was about the same length of the katana but had a curve. It was discovered that a curve blade could cut better than a straight. When talking about katana's here in the states, we can refer to either curved or straight under the same name "katana"

3rd the one in kill bill is a Di-katana, basically it was a Japanese long sword, roughly twice the size of a normal katana.

extra facts, a shogun was the highest rank of samurai, and carried a katana, Wakizashi, and a tanto. They used the katana for outdoor combat, the wakizashi for indoor combat, and the tanto to commit Seppuku in case the samurai failed in any combat. It was considered very honorable to commit it after being defeated.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
Your lack in samurai knowledge hurts me :oldcry:
1st A katana is a samurai sword, during the early years in samurai history this is what they used

2nd the curved type your talking about is called tachi, this was about the same length of the katana but had a curve. It was discovered that a curve blade could cut better than a straight. When talking about katana's here in the states, we can refer to either curved or straight under the same name "katana"

... i just wanna see this armour in game ...
+ i don't care about the past of athe samurai i just like to have cool samurai armour and a massive curved sword like in kill bill :D
very very nice sword...*druels*

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
If you are confused about what 'Seppuku' is, just ask Blasto and he'll perform it over webcam for you....Only once though....

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
E-mail it on over, I'll see about getting it to Orochi or sticking it in the archive... Not sure if I could have it ready by end of month though... Also not entirely sure wtf to do with it.

It... doesn't really fit the genre - but as Cerix says, we do have the Katana... I hate it when I get off-genre stuff that is just too sweet looking to pass up. I suppose if someone wanted to RP the wandering samurai for some reason, they could... I dunno, maybe we can asian-ify Verath or one of the other border towns to justify this as a cultural thing.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
could make the armour for "elite guards" for higher level towns.

(saying this becasue the only guards that msc has got atm is like lvl 5 ppl :( )

benky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I like the Weissber's idea. Make them as guard, but, there is no asian town in MS =/

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
If you are confused about what 'Seppuku' is, just ask Blasto and he'll perform it over webcam for you....Only once though....

if I did that then who would run FN?