Wiki updates...

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I've been overhauling the wiki lately, the item section is almost done. Check around there for stuff I've added.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I'll help too, feel free to edit if you don't like.

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Just looked over all in that wiki...and there's a few things I should point out:

* Helmets don't give any defense, I think. I haven't actually bothered finding out but I remember it not working when I got MS:C the first time, I don't really know if it's been fixed or not.

*Regarding Sir Geric's overly smelly armor, it actually has almost the same (maybe a little more) defense as Knight's Platemail has, except it's lighter.

*The Warhammer. I see it a lot in the stores, which is probably why I have one in my possession :wink: Dunno about the Heavy Warhammer, but isn't a heavy warhammer stronger than a Warhammer? :p

*In the Summoning spells, using "Vanish!" on rats works. That's what I remember, anyway.

*Since I can't find it, you should probably add explanations in each weapon category what each charge attack does. (e.g. second charge on axes make you do battle charges and punt enemies around; second charge using knives will make you run faster, etc etc)

*And in the usual places where you say "Can be bought in Helena or Edana" try say "Can be bought anywhere." Gatecity is always a spot where you can find anything, however you can't really count on finding much stuff in Deralia, which is too bad (that place should be a friggin shopping mall!)

Aside from that, it's all good stuff. Brief too. Pics would be nice, to give the Wiki a bit of illustration, but that's not up to me.

Good luck with the rest of it :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
* Helmets don't give any defense, I think. I haven't actually bothered finding out but I remember it not working when I got MS:C the first time, I don't really know if it's been fixed or not.
Working on that, although they won't do the same thing for you that the base armor does. (Thinking stun resistance)

*Regarding Sir Geric's overly smelly armor, it actually has almost the same (maybe a little more) defense as Knight's Platemail has, except it's lighter.
Better and lighter.

*The Warhammer. I see it a lot in the stores, which is probably why I have one in my possession Dunno about the Heavy Warhammer, but isn't a heavy warhammer stronger than a Warhammer?
If only I could remember...

*In the Summoning spells, using "Vanish!" on rats works. That's what I remember, anyway.
There's a 10 monster limit on the summons to stop people from crashing/lagging servers to death with them. Thus the "dismissed / vanish / unsummon" option was added so summoners could 'unsummon' their pets and change types after they hit said limit. (or if they just got sick of looking at their pets)

*Since I can't find it, you should probably add explanations in each weapon category what each charge attack does. (e.g. second charge on axes make you do battle charges and punt enemies around; second charge using knives will make you run faster, etc etc)
Well, it's a wiki - go add it! :p

*And in the usual places where you say "Can be bought in Helena or Edana" try say "Can be bought anywhere." Gatecity is always a spot where you can find anything, however you can't really count on finding much stuff in Deralia, which is too bad (that place should be a friggin shopping mall!)
Deralia does have a few items you can't find anywhere else in the Betapack. But tis true, intend to get more shops there in the future.

Aside from that, it's all good stuff. Brief too. Pics would be nice, to give the Wiki a bit of illustration, but that's not up to me.
I dun think we can add pics to that particular wiki, save through links. :(

Orochi said he made some changes to the Wiki but I can't find them. :\
edit: nvm, there they are... (damn cache)...
-Dorfgan's hammer is now the "odd mace" in the Mines quest. Not a bad mace all in all.
-Should mention the green pots listed in the sept14th changelog, mayhaps
-Vanish DOES work on rats (it's part of base_summon)
-There's lots of stuff missing, but I shouldn't take time out to add it all just now. :/ (Since, 'documentation' got about the least # of votes)
- Please do not include quest items = spoilers.

...it'd be nice if someone could port J-M's script list to the custom scripts wiki as well, but yeah, time consuming. Should also fix all the links with ":" in them so they are linkable through the forums.