whoops...touched a shard when I shouldn't have...

Slash

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
so me, supercoke, and fail were on sfor and the shard chose to go to me even though we used supercokes symbols. Apparently we're all fubar (or maybe just me) or something b/c I touched it and now I can't ever make a shard or something?

Can I has rollback to before 9 PM pacific time on 9/2 plz

STEAM_0:1:133308

slot 1

Slash

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
although, this one is kind of awful. Not entertaining at all....

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We don't do rollbacks for shards/symbols, anymore, not even for developers.

The idea is for the system to guarantee that no player can have more than one shard or symbol without trading for more. Some folks have found ways around this, despite our efforts to patch it up, so there's a lot more running about than there should be... But suffice to say, we don't encourage exploiting for illegitimate shards/symbols. So you'll have to find a legitimate way to get one (ie. trade), or exploit, and hope you don't get caught. ;)

Slash

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
hmmm ok. I guess I don't fully understand what the deal is. Since I touched his shard (no homo) I can't "make" a shard now? I'll have to trade for one? I have 2 symbols, are they worthless to me now?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "touched" - you'd have to show me on the doll where... I mean... Unless you actually picked it up, it shouldn't matter. Even if you did, you can still gather or trade for the other symbols and start the sequence. The shard will favor another player that hasn't ever picked up one, but if it can't find one, there's still a chance for it to go to you. Regardless of your quest status, you can still "make" a shard.

While there are several places in the world you can find symbols, it is true, there's only one place to go, if you already have one or have once held a shard. But it's likely easier to trade for them.