Weapons of Doom (or not)

dookehster

New Adventurer
Reaction score
First of all, I'dd like to say a big thank you to the Dev team for producing such a kickass improvement on an already awesome thing.

However, there are a couple things that need balancing (who cares about bugs XD)

THE UNDERPOWERED, IMPOSSIBLE TO LV UP, HORRIBLE RECOIL ECT.

Magic (Buggy, hard to lv, underpowered, good for low lv pking though XD)
Archery (Lv 5 still doing round 1.4 damage wheras an axe does more like 14)
SWORDS (Wtf, why does an axe or maul do 2-3x more damage and have a better success rate? Someone with half my level can do round 16-17 damage with axe with me doing the same kind of damage)
Martial arts (Although not many people care about it)

THE OVERPOWERED, GODLIKE, ECT

Blunt Arms
Axes

The Just Right

Small Arms

Nother question: When the official network comes up, to join the official network, will we have to start fresh even if were members of fuzznet?

But I'd like to say, I'm pleasantly suprised at how much this game has improved.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
nah, im sure they will ask fuzzy for the save files so that everyone wont have to start over. :wink:

dookehster

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well, if they won't I'll just go around dueling and exploring not caring about xp cause xp is hard to gain for archer and swords since everything is so much more powerful.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Discuss balance issues in Chatter, plzktnx - people here are looking for help / bug reporting. :D

Although, yeah, that bit with a scythe, for instance - probably more bug than balance - so I guess there's a fine line sometimes. Gotta get me one of those...
"Sometimes when it's raining really really hard outside and I'm inside, I want to find the guy who invented buildings and give him a big kiss. Not a big wet kiss, though, because that would defeat the whole purpose." - R.M. Weiner
Thothie

philjoh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I just had one thing to say about the bow. The reason you're doing such crappy damage is cause your shooting the crappy arrows. If you want to deal nice damage you go buy some. You can get free wooden arrows at helena, and you'll do a little less than 2x damage. Or pay 3 gold per 25 iron arrows (which is what i do) and you'll do 4x the damage. Of course these statistics arent exact, but i was doing 3 with the crappy arrows then 9-11 with iron arrows. Then of course you can get the uber steel arrows and elven arrows for even more gold, doing rediculous damage. Keep in mind though you can't compare a bow's damage to a sword or axe, cause you have the advantage of distance.

Me!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree on the small arms being 'just right.' I have a sharp hugger dagger and it's pretty evil, even in low levels.

dookehster

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thats Hugger Dagger foo! I'm just talking regular axe or regular maul.

Skillasaur

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
it seems to me that the weapons are mainly pretty balanced.

i think axes are fine except for the sythe

the swords are also fine but should be a little more accurate or have their power blows parry proof

small arms from what ive seen is fine but hard to level because u take more hits... maybe some sort of dodge bonus for small arms?

archery i havent tried yet but iron arrows seem to be the way to go and ive found quite a few elven in thornlands

magic seems to be okay in theory but im sure theres somin wrong with leveling as it takes aprox lvl 7 in 2 spells to raise level 2 in the tree - making more complicated spells almost impossible to learn - also the glow spell is very useful for 2 handed weapons for temporary light.