Vanishing Items left and right

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
So I just had a tork blade, and dark tomahawk vanish from my chest.... this is the second time I've lost 1 of 2 tork blades, and it's -incredibly- frustrating because I have to start all over...

Middle slot: STEAM_0:0:17717134
:oldcry:
About 12am-1am Alaskan time, -9:00 UTC

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Slot? :\

I should look at your char - I ran into a rare but nasty bug with the Galat chest before this patch, and fixed it - however, I don't think the fix will undo the bug, if your chest already has it.

Maybe should add an "empty chest" option to clear the related quest data.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Middle slot o: Slot 2? Idunno, it's been a while since my last rollback (thankfully)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done... I'll look over your quest data soon...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Your quest data before the rollback looks fine (ya do have a boatload of stuff in there though). Guess we can chalk it up to a corrupted write or some such.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
*sigh* Welp, I guess I lost my dark toma and tork blade... they're not there... Time to start from scratch, again.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We can go back further... Dunno what else ya might lose in the process.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
It's fine.. I just got a new tork. I guess I'll have to run Lodagond a few times, then I'll be back where I was. Thanks anyways :p

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Bit of an update, and double post... but... Silent Death, Smoker, and I ran shad_palace on a listen server (since it bugged out on all the other ones), and got to friendly sorc_villa. When I looked in the gallat chest, all of my items re-appeared >_> So now I have spares of a ton of items..

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Item duper. Banned.
Wot. I had gotten the items legitimately after my original ones disappeared :c they then reappeared, and now a few of them disappeared again... >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
and I ran shad_palace on a listen server (since it bugged out on all the other ones).

That... Woulda been a good one for bug reports... ><

Lucifer Majiskus said:
The Man In Black said:
Item duper. Banned.
Wot. I had gotten the items legitimately after my original ones disappeared :c they then reappeared, and now a few of them disappeared again... >_>
I think the rollback woulda prevented item dups. :p

Jeeze... I just wrote up a new debug to dump your quest data to a log file, so maybe I can see your bank data in more detail - the debugs get cut off as they're too long to parse without dumping the client, so maybe I missed something...

edit: Hrmm... I may need to consult with MiB on this one...

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Lucifer Majiskus said:
and I ran shad_palace on a listen server (since it bugged out on all the other ones).

That... Woulda been a good one for bug reports... ><

Lucifer Majiskus said:
The Man In Black said:
Item duper. Banned.
I think the rollback woulda prevented item dups. :p

Jeeze... I just wrote up a new debug to dump your quest data to a log file, so maybe I can see your bank data in more detail - the debugs get cut off as they're too long to parse without dumping the client, so maybe I missed something...

edit: Hrmm... I may need to consult with MiB on this one...

Quick note we did have a little trouble with an orc that would teleport in and the almost instantly out again took a few min to get enought hits on him to kill him. This was just past the lightning archer and lesser dijin trap down that drop off with the open spot to the mid. He would spawn up top at the edge of the ledge.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
SilentDeath said:
Quick note we did have a little trouble with an orc that would teleport in and the almost instantly out again took a few min to get enought hits on him to kill him. This was just past the lightning archer and lesser dijin trap down that drop off with the open spot to the mid. He would spawn up top at the edge of the ledge.

God Damnit People! -->

Yeah, suspect related to the new anti-stuck thing, which we seem to have fixed.

Still no clue what might be happening with Lucifer's inventory... I can dump it clean, item by item (both data wise and 'physically') - but the strings are too long to parse even with UTIL_VarArgs. While that has me worried, it's probably true of everyone with a stuffed chest, and the strings are still no where close to the 292 character limit we found in testing before.

Also unclear as to why UTIL_VarArgs can't parse them proper, as its limit should be 1024, near as I can tell.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, your chest is maybe, 85% full, but there are people who've managed to stuff it entirely and not have this problem...

And again, it can parse out all the individual items... I'd just feel better if it wasn't choking on whole strings. :\