1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US East 3 votekicking disabled?

Discussion in 'MSC Official Servers and MSC Website' started by Kanta, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Kanta

Kanta Adventurer

Jan 24, 2013
    Level 45 Zauberei Basher
    ms_swamp
    Is this a new official server thing? Or is it an error?

2. Thothie

Thothie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Developer

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    Did you use votekick in chat, or the old menu votekick? (That I thought we disabled as it doesn't work.)

Granted, I'm not even sure if the chat votekick works in the NOV2015 build, since Valve changed the ways we can remove players at some point, might need to go straight to voteban, though I dun think it's permanent. Then again, they've been fsking with the commands we can make the server do as well, so...

All the servers are probably be using the config files, but I'll take a look... as soon as the internet starts behaving proper.

3. Kanta

Kanta Adventurer

Jan 24, 2013
    Level 45 Zauberei Basher
    ms_swamp
    I also noticed that weather was locked in certain section of maps where it was never like so before. Namely Ara when the Orc boss arrives and creates that black fog or at gertenhell when it gets all snowy. Back when the server's were not branded as MSRemake official servers, I remember clearsky always working in situations like that. Not like this is a bad thing, just something I thought noteworthy.

4. Thothie

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    No clearsky is blocked in certain situations, that's one of them. There's no server side setting for that. Nega-polar bear does that too, and a few other spots.

5. greatguys1

greatguys1 Adventurer Developer Warriors of the North

Apr 20, 2013
    Yes
    Weird that you mention this, I've been able to do so before in those situations with the current patch.

6. Thothie

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    Well that's not good... Looking at the game_master, it seems to depend on a setvarg named G_WEATHER_LOCK. Those can be a bit unreliable sometimes, but it should return the message "Weather is currently locked." in console. "The Bear God of the Black Forest" and "The Remains of Shadahar" both set it, but I think in Ara's case it's handled map side.