@Thothie, Singleplayer mode?

Kamer

New Adventurer
Reaction score
From some PM's I had with Thothie said:
The intent is, should we stop development, to add a "single player" mode, but we've not implemented it, so while there's placeholder code for the awareness of the mode, there's no mode to activate at the moment. :/

With the game pretty much dead at this point, is there any chance we could see this get implemented? There hasn't been an update in a very long time so it feels safe to assume development is dead.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
There has been darker times in the past i think. I could be wrong though. :eek:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm still working on it, just, hella slow. ><

Regatory and Oyster are both pulling new maps. I've got two populated maps, that just need a little scripting (I think), and two more that need populating and fairly simple scripting... And the usual other 99% complete ones, save boatloads of scripting.

...and I've gotten through 58 of my 116 pending tweaks and bug fixes on the task list.

Might wind up with a new full installer, without much in the way of new stuff, but more Greenlight friendly.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
It is way too early to implement this single player mode "fix" (never give up hope!), but it is about time we started making maps that are friendly to single player gameplay.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Have quite the opposite problem, really. No map requires multiple players until a boss fight, and even then, not for those bosses you can outlevel by a significant enough margin. Old Helena being the closest to an exception, but even there, you can pick out one civvie and save him if you're strong and quick enough. Maybe two if you're crever, and that's about the same one expects from a group of players it's intended for.

_1341315_heston300.jpg
In any case, I'll set up the single player option when pic related. Not quite given up on her yet, just nary had a moment alone with her lately.