The Topic of Quests

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I Just had a dream about MSC. A revelation of sorts and I now know what must me added into the game. More quests. A lot more quests actually. I counted (with some help) how many quests are currently ingame:

1.The expended Urdualian quest
2.The mayor's quest in Edana
3.That one quest located at Tundra
4.The Felewyn Shards quest
5.The UGA quest
6.Bloodstone ring
7. Findlebind quest series
8.Slinker's quest
9.Darrelino and his manuscript
10.Gertenheld Cape quest series
11.Olof's gold ring
12.The merchant captured by goblins
13.The Funny Looking Hat quest
14.The Lost Book quest in Edana
15.Slay the goblin chief quest
16.The old man and Dorfgan quest
17.Old_helena

It is a fair amount, but most RPGs carry at least a hundred more. Adding more quests will fix our problem that there isn't much else to do besides grinding. Now I realize adding a hundred unique quests is out of the question at the moment, but I think a system could be devised that would generate random quests. The game would choose from a set of variables and words and piece them together to form a coherent (or semi-coherent) sentence. If done right this could allow an infinite number of quests.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That was the plan, letting people pick up maybe three randomly generated quests a day from various NPCs that sent you off to various random maps for various random rewards, with some random minibosses generated based on your level.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
That was the plan, letting people pick up maybe three randomly generated quests a day from various NPCs that sent you off to various random maps for various random rewards, with some random minibosses generated based on your level.

Oh wow. When can we expect this?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*sigh* You don't want me to answer that one.

It was originally one of our Jr. Scripter's tasks - though prob not a good assignment for a scripter in training (seems they always wanna bite off more than they can chew, or start off with some devastating spell/weapon).

I'm going to have to fly to Japan for a friend's wedding in a few days, and this, oddly, will likely give me more time for MSC than I've had for a long time, but I've no ETA on anything, save for "not nearly soon enough".

Doesn't help that it looks like my host has gone AWOL for good.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Oh, Stoned dreaming about ms:c again, carry on...

Welcome to like 2010 or so, dungeon raids get pretty boring when its all hack, slash n loot and hardly provide a challenge to high end players after getting the new rewards from there.

That one map concept (the_wall_east) i had for Caluminium... i liked it, too bad he is away from ms:c now. Would be interisting seeing a map which provides a whole new set of enemies that are somehow more advanced than the player (no hax skills really), perhaps just technology wise.

And i actually support the release of more maps similiar to the_wall, rewards aren't effected by the number of players, so either solo or group it's all good. It's maps like this that i'm looking for, as in dungeon raid maps. I'm also hoping that oyster actually pulls off his project someday and turns it into reality, discussed with him alot of times about his plans and it's honestly something that would keep the game more entertaining for the time being.