The Isles of Dread 1

J

New Adventurer
Reaction score
download

I haven't got any pictures here so go check it out in-game. The released version won't be the last, it still requires some work, at least in the boss room. Anyway, I hope it works, it hasn't been playtested much so the difficulty might be a little off but I can change that based on feedback.

J

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Aha, alright. I guess Thoth only added support for it, not the map itself. Well, I could upload the latest version of it. But I could also wait till I get some more work done on it, that would take some time as I have exams coming up. I'll think about it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I didn't include it as I don't have a final version. The one I have has no transitions. I thought you were not done.

The map also has no treasure.... So I rigged the final zombie to drop a chest.

I don't actually put new maps in betapacks by the way, just revised maps and recompiled core maps. I made an exception with Rickler, but it'll be the last one, and you had to download them seperately the month before. New maps are downloaded seperately, otherwise the betapack grows too fast.

J

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I messaged you about a newer version on the last day of last month. It's probably not final, that's true, but it does have working transitions. As for the treasure, yeah, that's missing. Well, there is a chest but a crappy one. We played the map last night and it seemed to work fine, I'll improve it later on but I think it's good enough to be released.

download

I don't know exactly what the recommended level should be, but maybe around 20-25. The map's quite small and it doesn't take long for level 40s to go through.

Rickler

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
You should up it to 25-30. I would think it should be equal to or hard than the route to islesofdread1 on oceancrossing.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Added.

My only complaint, other than it's a very small map, is the boss chamber is just, boring - also very easy after all that being pummeled by bile.

You didn't have any chests in the version I had, so I gave the dread zombie a chest of his own... You've since added one I see, hence the little 10gp chest off to the side. ;)

J

New Adventurer
Reaction score
@Rickler: I'll do that.

@Thothie: The map will most likely stay small, unless I decide otherwise at some point. The boss room will be improved.