Stupid memory issues...

SandvichBros

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Dunno' if you've had this happen before...

Back when I was on Windows 7 and 8, every time I played single-/multi-player, I would always jump to desktop with a "Memory caching error or whatever" window. Normally, this was easily solved by just exiting the window and returning to MS:C. Recently, I've upgraded to Windows 10, and, feeling a little more than normally bored, I wanted to play MS:C again. I got the memory window again and closed it like nothing---except, when I returned to MS:C, the character select would be blank, and then the "memory" window returned, and would keep returning until the game crashed. So now I had to dump Master Sword (damn it all), so I hope somebody can help and send me installer directions if possible like before with my multiplayer connection problems.

SandvichBros

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
This is and probably always will be a common issue, however it causing your game to crash isn't... Make sure you installed the game properly, you can find a full installer at: http://daedalus.rkszone.net/msc/msc_full_installer_FEB2015d.exe

You will also need the current patch, which can be found here: http://daedalus.rkszone.net/msc/msc_beta_update_package_NOV2015a.exe
Thanks! One more question-anything you got in there for better frame rate? The entire time I've played with people, there had some definite lag. Is there a way for faster play?

SandvichBros

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
Make sure ms_bloom_level is 0
Yeah, I always will press the bloom button to where it says "Off," but I'll still get horrendous lag even on the smaller maps. Do I still have to do it in console like you say or is it just my computer's slow?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
It could be your computer or the lack of map optimization. My computer gets fps drops in ms:c in some maps while it can run most of the new games on high/ultra.

If it happens in every map for you, then it's likely your computer, if it occurs in some maps only, then it's the optimization. Last i recall, these "fps dropping" maps were mostly towns such as deralia and helena.