SC: defence and summoning?

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Everyone says that defence (or whatever it is called) and summoning will get the axe/boned/killed/whatever.
Right?
If so, when will that happen? Without the both, SC would be much less frustrating to train (due to roleplay issues, I still want to be a partial mage).

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
SC training won't change as the levels will still be calculated the same. The only thing that's going to change is that they won't be on the 'p' menu anymore.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Currently, the sum of the levels is divided by 7 (the number of the subskills). Don't tell me, that with 5 subskills, the sum will still be divided by 7.

Also, what is the P-menu? Why do people always believe that everyone has the default controls?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
ReBoot said:
Currently, the sum of the levels is divided by 7 (the number of the subskills). Don't tell me, that with 5 subskills, the sum will still be divided by 7.

Also, what is the P-menu? Why do people always believe that everyone has the default controls?

I don't believe everyone has default controls. That's not even the one that I have as my stats menu. But since most MSC commands aren't in the keyboard menu, at some point you would have to say "bind p" to figure out the bind for it to change it to something else. I just assume everyone is smart enough to remember where it was originally.

And yes, when there are 5 stats it will still be divided by 7. It's been said numerous times.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ReBoot said:

because they're the...DEFAULT...controls...most people dont go around all "imma go change all my controls!", they just play with the defaults.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
A while ago, I posted a complete keyboard command list on this forum, just have to download it.
Maybe, I should include a list of the stuff I've submitted in my sig...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
If your command list was the default key list, why are you arguing? It would have 'p' as the stats menu on it.

If the command list is YOUR key list, I'm not going to go download it just so I can use your keys to talk to you.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
"my command list"!="set of bound keys"
"my command list"="all commands of MSC included into the key customization menu"
The blackman said, that many keys are not in the menu. And that is the problem I solved.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
So why does it matter? I'm not going to dig up a list just so I can say +stats (or whatever). Most people here know the default binds, not the commands, that's what I use.

And the next person who calls me black is going to die. I'm sick of f*cking retards who are too stupid to understand the concept of in

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Which keys are missing from the blinding menu now? I thought we fixed that. :\

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Man, why do u feel insulted?
Thothie, I haven't seen anything missing, I just didn't know that you have updated the file. Mib said, that there are keys missing, so I assumed, you have not updated.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm insulted because it's not true. I have nothing against black people, if that's what you're implying.

Thothie - I wasn't aware you fixed it, so I was just going from how it used to be.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Erm, I didn't say anything about black people, I don't care for them as black, I just care for them as people. I just mixed up your name a little, nothing less, nothing more.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Perhaps Protection & Summoning should remain in, and Thothie should just put the sploitz0r back in for leveling them... it is too annoying not being able to & still having them put in the SC level calculation...

That, or make attack spells under their categories so it has legit leveling...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
A semi-good idea from Netrogor O_O.

Under the current "summoning", it's too hard to pass the exp from the summoned monster to the summoner (I think). So how about instead of summoning an ally, you summon in a much more Final Fantasy like way. A monster comes out, performs an attack, then disappears. Why would this work? Well, rather than it actually being an NPC that attacks, it's just a normal spell with the spell casting sprite including a monster of sorts.

As for protection.. Probably just something like the IBL's freezing circle attack or Shaddahar's death circle.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That won't be summoning anymore, rather a normal attack spell.

Anyway, a more flexible xp system would be useful. Like a system which gives xp for killing, but also for other things. Of course, only for certain skills. Like parry: with parry u kill no one and yet, it rises. We need the same for healing (killing no one and yet rising).

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
How would that not be summoning? You summon a monster that does damage. The only difference is that rather than the current system, it only does one attack before disappearing.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Only one attack is not what we all expect from summoning. That would be nothing more than a normal attack spell.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
we're not suggesting that thothie take out the current summons...

and i actually would rather have the levels for spells be re-aligned higher and have those two removed completely...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Well, if you feel that you can speak for the whole forum, then I feel I can to. Noone cares about what you want.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Summoning to me has always been, big monster does an attack then goes away.

They could be really MP Intensive but dish out some nice damage. Just like Summons from most games lol.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Adjust the requirements higher... Would that be a good idea? I mean, currently, it takes loads loads loads of time to get SC to let's say 10. Getting SA or else "killing" skill to 10 takes much less time/killend enemies.