Rollback...

Hemeriodius

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah i need a roll back, I picked up a backpack for a new player and got kicked with overflowing message.

-Hemeriodius

- 9PM +12GMT

-STEAM_0:1:12436981

-Slot 1

-Overflow

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
did you try, char_recover?

Hemeriodius

New Adventurer
Reaction score
wow whatever you guys did you did it fast my char was playable 5 mins after posting this and i didnt loose anything XD so yeah nvm about it

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I imagine no-one did anything.

The whole reason char_recover works is because you can sometimes avoid the overflow on a "smaller" map. e.g. the last time I came close to overflowing, I got "reliable channel overflow" on loda 4, but could go on any other map without any issues.

Sometimes, you can even reconnect and you'll not overflow the 2nd time, so remember to make sure you absolutely cannot rescue your character before requesting a rollback.

Remember though that these "near-misses" are a warning that you are coming close to your limit - don't push your character's item count any higher!

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The size of char_recover has nothing to do with it. The reason that char_recover works is that it has VERY few entities (ms_player_spawn and ms_player_begin ONLY, unless there's a light)

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You REALLY thought i meant size as in the dimensions of the map!?

*facepalm*

I'm starting to get damned sick of your attitude to me MiB, I'm only trying to help out.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Size and entity count are two different things, and you can't expect someone to have instantly picked up on that. I was not using an attitude, merely correcting you. But, hey, if you'd like attitude, I'm happy to provide.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
MiB fails at “Grammar Nazi”, but wins at “Half-Life Terminology Nazi”.

…and yes, it does have a light, but it’s static, so it doesn’t add to the entity/edict count.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
MiB fails at “Grammar Nazi," but wins at “Half-Life Terminology Nazi."

…and yes, it does have a light, but it’s static, so it doesn’t add to the entity/edict count.

STFU! >_>

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Will proceed to ignore the Nazi from now on then. Hey, I'm part Jewish, so I'ts in the blood! :D

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
subenji99 said:
Will proceed to ignore the Nazi from now on then. Hey, I'm part Jewish, so I'ts in the blood! :D
Seconded.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
brian4 said:
subenji99 said:
Seconded.

Nay! Tell me the jewels of the forum have not cast their eyes away from me! How shall I live?

/me falls in a hole