Rollback Request

K1NG

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Rollback date and time: 2/23/2019, 6:15AM EST

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:55827776

Slot: #3, all the way on the right

All my armor and equipment besides my backpacks and everything in my galat -- whenever I try to open the chest it says it's busy or in use by another player, even without anyone else on, and there's no withdraw button. I got a UGA from someone a few minutes before it happened, could that be related? I'm new so I don't really know much

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done.

That is a new one. We've done a lot to the galat chest since though.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
@K1NG what's the latest item you've withdrawn?
I've encountered a bizarre bug several times now that basically goes as follows:
Say you have items A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H in your Galat chest. If you withdraw item E, all other items suddenly appear to be gone. The withdraw button won't show up. If you put item E back again, you see all the other items. You can withdraw any of the other items just fine, but if you take item E again, all the other contents will be hidden.

No idea what causes it but I've seen this at least a dozen times.

K1NG

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
@K1NG what's the latest item you've withdrawn?
I've encountered a bizarre bug several times now that basically goes as follows:
Say you have items A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H in your Galat chest. If you withdraw item E, all other items suddenly appear to be gone. The withdraw button won't show up. If you put item E back again, you see all the other items. You can withdraw any of the other items just fine, but if you take item E again, all the other contents will be hidden.

No idea what causes it but I've seen this at least a dozen times.

I don't remember, I think I only deposited/threw stuff on the floor. I quit from edana and went somewhere else to find all my stuff gone. I played a lot last night and all my progress is now gone (and the UGA) it really sucks

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I don't remember, I think I only deposited/threw stuff on the floor. I quit from edana and went somewhere else to find all my stuff gone. I played a lot last night and all my progress is now gone (and the UGA) it really sucks
Bleh... Backups are every four hours. Ya did land in kind of a bad spot, assuming your timestamp is correct, but ya shouldn't have lost more than two hours, maybe two and a half.

Next iteration of Galat should be much more reliable (mostly because it was written by Greatguys, instead of me), in addition to storing more items, plus ammo and most potions. You'll also have the option to clear it, to remove any lingering bugged items from the old system (presumably removing everything you can beforehand). I am having a brain fart, at the moment, and wondering if we already implemented that last bit way back in 2015 though. If you type "resetbank" in console (sans quotes), it should prompt you to type it twice more to clear it, should the current public release support the feature.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The reason it does that is because of poor use of timers & ineffective menu management. As long as Galat's isn't summoned from the scroll, to get around this, push F on the chest then push cancel. Wait about 3 seconds & the menus should be available to use again. If the chest is summoned from the scroll, you're SoL. Re-summoning the chest won't work either.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You'll also have the option to clear it, to remove any lingering bugged items from the old system (presumably removing everything you can beforehand). I am having a brain fart, at the moment, and wondering if we already implemented that last bit way back in 2015 though. If you type "resetbank" in console (sans quotes), it should prompt you to type it twice more to clear it, should the current public release support the feature.
This will be necessary once the new Galat's hits, as old characters have a good chance at having invalid items in their bank, stealing extra space in your bank.