Rollback request

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Steam_0:0:6053147 225
Slot 1

Deleted the wrong character by accident intending to clear a spot to start a new character

If you could go back to any time in the last few weeks, maybe December 25, I've only been back for a few days and I'm sure that's before it happened

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Also I might be online named Peter, I read that it might not work when I'm online so if it isn't a problem to check and tell me to get off that would make sure it works the first time

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This character hasn't been modified since 2016, sure you got the right character slot?

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes I am, that was my high level dude from a long time ago that I'd plan on helping people with now instead of grinding my new guy when I have to play alone

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Maybe the wrong Steam ID then... Character is tiny (suggesting low level), and hasn't been used since 2016.

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Maybe the wrong Steam ID then... Character is tiny (suggesting low level), and hasn't been used since 2016.

It's not named kawne? Does it say what my highest level character was? I do have legitimate memory problems but I was pretty confident that was who I thought it was. I'm not going to cry about it if it's too much work though I do appreciate the effort

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Can only see Steam ID's, date created, modified, and file sizes from the rollback server without transferring and processing them... But... Porting them over...

Kawne, yeah. Last played in November 2016. Level ~30, some stuff in the bank, but otherwise almost no equipment (hence small file size), and has visited 78 maps.

Peter, on slot 2, last played in March 2017, and is still baby, having only been to Edana.

Paronskaft, on slot 3, played today, has tons of equipment, but is only level ~15, and has visited 20 maps.

Something fishy going on here...

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Can only see Steam ID's, date created, modified, and file sizes from the rollback server without transferring and processing them... But... Porting them over...

Kawne, yeah. Last played in November 2016. Level ~30, some stuff in the bank, but otherwise almost no equipment (hence small file size), and has visited 78 maps.

Peter, on slot 2, last played in March 2017, and is still baby, having only been to Edana.

Paronskaft, on slot 3, played today, has tons of equipment, but is only level ~15, and has visited 20 maps.

Something fishy going on here...
I don't know if fishy is the right word but I'm pretty sure I made the paronskaft character to start over last year or something when not a lot of people were online, and someone might have been nice enough to hold my things while I gave my high levels stuff to paronskaft cus he's who I was leveling then, and now I started over again a few days ago and now that people are more active I plan on sticking around longer

And I'm confused about Peter only being to Edana because I've gotten him to 15 in almost every weapon catagory

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't know if fishy is the right word but I'm pretty sure I made the paronskaft character to start over last year or something when not a lot of people were online, and someone might have been nice enough to hold my things while I gave my high levels stuff to paronskaft cus he's who I was leveling then, and now I started over again a few days ago and now that people are more active I plan on sticking around longer

And I'm confused about Peter only being to Edana because I've gotten him to 15 in almost every weapon catagory
Maybe it's the date you're looking at, the thing is I was lagging and it wouldn't let me create a new character because I didn't download the patch this time (I'm stupid) but I deleted it first then downloaded the patch and then looked at peter's progress and decided that was the same as starting over minus the boring part of the very few first levels, that seems to make sense right? I think I was getting the overflow error window and searched for that and It said on here to download the patch and I realized that was normal

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've had I think 5 seizures over 3 separate occasions in the last 30 days so I'm sorry if I'm explaining badly

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
:O

Well, anyways...
FN_server_screencap_STEAM_0-0-6053147.png
...This mystery is rather epilepsy inducing.

I can't find an archive in the past few months with the slot 1 character modified any later than November 2016. :/

But this is the LIVE version, and it has a different modified date for slot 3 than I downloaded, so... the hell is going on? Server seems to have the right time...

Though, yeah, I was looking at Peter of December 25th 2017, since that was the requested rollback date. But even now I'm seeing Peter as your fresh, and Paronskaft as your level ~15.

These are the OCT2017 files:
FN_server_screencap_STEAM_0-0-6053147-OCT2017.png
:\

If I try to rollback slot #1 to December 25th, 2017 or October 1st, 2017, it just says the files are identical to the current. :/

Mind I think that particular NOV2016 timestamp is the last time the FN server was built from scratch, so any char file modified further back than that gets that timestamp for its modified date.

Last edited:

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
:O

Well, anyways...
View attachment 5649
...This mystery is rather epilepsy inducing.

I can't find an archive in the past few months with the slot 1 character modified any later than November 2016. :/

But this is the LIVE version, and it has a different modified date for slot 3 than I downloaded, so... the hell is going on? Server seems to have the right time...

Though, yeah, I was looking at Peter of December 25th 2017, since that was the requested rollback date. But even now I'm seeing Peter as your fresh, and Paronskaft as your level ~15.

These are the OCT2017 files:
View attachment 5650
:\

If I try to rollback slot #1 to December 25th, 2017 or October 1st, 2017, it just says the files are identical to the current. :/

Mind I think that particular NOV2016 timestamp is the last time the FN server was built from scratch, so any char file modified further back than that gets that timestamp for its modified date.
I just picked a rollback date out of the hat that was before when I started playing again

Assuming this rollback won't effect my player in slot 2, I'd just appreciate the character in slot 1 existing again at any date in the last couple years, I know I haven't signed in as him in forever and have no recent efforts I worry about losing with him.

Are you saying the file is identical for slot one with right now and weeks/months ago? Because I deleted it after January 1st this year and any date before that it should just exist (my computer shows a blank space to create character)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's still there. :/ Should show up. That first screenshot is of the current active FN server files.

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I mean a file for October and December should be the same as eachother but compared to right this minute its either the file exists or doesn't compared to then

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmmm... File's there - wonder if it corrupted... He comes up as a naked level ~30ish character in the analyzer, so it maybe he fubared long ago, given that it's odd for a character of that stature to be unequipped.

Rollback says the files are identical, but I forced an overwrite anyways. See if that does anything?

edit: Going into the way, way back archives of NOV2015, I see a modified date of February 16th, 2015 - seems to be the exact same character (with even the same amount of missing health). Level ~30, no items save a Ring of Light.

Last edited:

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hrmmm... File's there - wonder if it corrupted... He comes up as a naked level ~30ish character in the analyzer, so it maybe he fubared long ago, given that it's odd for a character of that stature to be unequipped.

Rollback says the files are identical, but I forced an overwrite anyways. See if that does anything?

edit: Going into the way, way back archives of NOV2015, I see a modified date of February 16th, 2015 - seems to be the exact same character (with even the same amount of missing health). Level ~30, no items save a Ring of Light.
I expect him to have no gear because like I said before, I transferred the gear to my other character a long time ago, I just made the mistake of deleting my naked high level character that I haven't logged in as in a long time. I'll check soon though, I've also been online a bit so I hope I wasn't exactly when you were doing the reset

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ah, good, cuz the only non-naked copy I can find of him dates all the way back to JUN2013, and he's about 10 levels shorter there.

Normally I'd be able to check if the overwrite failed due to your being online, but in this case, the files are identical so... Last accessed time is reading right though.

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
He isn't there at this minute, so I'll go create a new character and see what fuznet says about 2 characters in one space

I know this might start looking comical if it still doesn't work but I promise I wouldn't be bothering you for no reason

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
He isn't there at this minute, so I'll go create a new character and see what fuznet says about 2 characters in one space

I know this might start looking comical if it still doesn't work but I promise I wouldn't be bothering you for no reason
20180104_171957.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Something is seriously screwy here, as the FN server seems to think the character has yet to be modified...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm gonna pester RKS and get back to ya - we transferred again recently, and what I suspect is happening is the old FN server is still up and running, and I've been trying to roll you back on the wrong one, or something... >_>

Paronskaft

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm gonna pester RKS and get back to ya - we transferred again recently, and what I suspect is happening is the old FN server is still up and running, and I've been trying to roll you back on the wrong one, or something... >_>
OK just please keep my character 2 safe and thank you for being on top of it so fast

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thothie, did you connect to the new server?

EDIT: I just saw the PM.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeah... I was stuck in the past there for a bit...

Alright, @Paronskaft, give it a go now.