MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
-Oct. 20 2015 | 12:00AM (GMT -6:00)
-STEAM_0:0:596152 and STEAM_0:0:5003092
-(STEAM_0:0:596152) Slots 1, 2
(STEAM_0:0:5003092) Slots 1
-We were joining the ModRiot server and when we got in our character data was completely reset.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I was the only one on the server that wasn't hit... And I joined first :?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, crap, we have hit technical difficulty - for some reason the archiver stopped making archives... Last one was October 18th, 8pm CST. :oldshock:

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Is that the closest one? I might lose my Fire Breaker and a few other items I gathered... :(

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah... :oldcry:

I'll roll you back there, seeing as the only alternative is to keep your fried characters.

I dunno what's with it - none of the batch files I wrote are making backups - I think RKS made a system of his own, maybe, but it's been working for ages. HD isn't full or anything... Just dunno. Sent him a message.

Meanwhile, I've made a manual backup - which doesn't do you any good, but, meh, until RKS can tell me what's going on, I'll have to rig it manually, I guess.

First time we've had an FN failure like this, in... Jeeze, since Bush was still president.

edit: Think I fixed it so it'll archive proper now. I think maybe some Windows patch or env table mod changed which folder the batch file executes in by default.

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I guess I'll just have to farm my items back then. Anyhow, thanks for the rollback!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just so you know, we're 100% back to normal running status (seems it was a Windows update that changed some functionality).

Additionally, RKS has more backups than, eh, something that has a lotta backups. So we do have the archives from 19th and 20th restored (and has been operating normal since then). If you've not played since, and wanna give that a go, post request here.