Roll back

Juks

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Hi!

-The date your character last worked
I think it was 16.03.2007... could be later (or earlier o_O).

-Your full SteamID
STEAM_0:1:7341148

-The slot your character was in (1, 2, or 3, numbered left to right)
Slot 1 only.

-WTF happened to your character? (Overflow, lost item, etc. - to help us debug)
I just get these "LOAD_ERROR-RECONNECT" chars. First I just got them sometimes but they came more and more and now I get them only.
This is not my first time that my character crashed.
Before I IM'ed Thothie: SORRY, I didn't read the unreadable small "Don't IM Thothie".
Before I got the "Server shutting down"-error when joining the server.
That happended once when I tried to host a server (worked before... and after) and once when I just stand at a point and chatted.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The LOAD_ERROR-RECONNECT shouldn't require a rollback to fix, unless of course you actually clicked it...

It SHOULD just be a loading error....reconnect :oldlol:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm trying my damndest to make those impossible to load, but no luck. Seems I can only make characters I want to load impossible to load. ;)

If yer getting those a lot (and ya haven't already clicked on em - cuz if you do that, it becomes permanent) it may be a connection issue, CPU issue, Spyware, or (most likely) as Steam conflict issue. I suggest running on over here and running the test. It's sorely out of date, but it's also a pretty extensive list of software Steam has conflicts with (479 known applications that checks for - there was a list of over 1000 on the German site I used to use before it got blitzkrieged). In anycase, it'll tell you if you have any of the older, better known ones.

One of the ones it doesn’t detect, but is well known and documented, is any professional variant of Adobe Acrobat Reader from version 7 and up. So if you compose a lot of PDF's...

Seems I just restored you two days ago... Oh well, here it is again.

* Do NOT IM Thothie for [FN] restore requests - HE WILL KILL YOU! ;]

Yes, I noticed someone was kind enough to put that in there... It's nothing personal, tis just I have just over 200 Trillian contacts now, and a small fraction of them pay my rent. I've a lot of a drunk, annoying RL friends on that thing, and a lot of annoying virtual children as well - and the rolling thunder of these voices invariably drowns out the few people who actually need my attention. So my IM system has a plugin filter that is setup to ignore anything that looks like a standard greeting - if you do not phrase your IM carefully - I'll never even see it. As Lady X will tell you, don't IM me if it isn't life or death. And never ask me if you can ask a question, either over IM or in real life - as then I'll be forced to kill as a matter of principle. (not saying you did that, just sayin', sometimes killin' needs to be done for the good of the species.) ;)

Juks

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I made the test while playing MSC:

shot00141mo5.jpg

Look like there are no problems with that.

BUT I clicked on the guy with the "Do not click" crest because I couldn't resist having such a nice crest and I saw other people getting the crest (lvl 30-40 players o_O).
But when you have a backup of the character it won't be a problem to roll back? -_-

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
All the people that clicked them were smart enough (I hope..) to click it on a slot that didn't have a character. You overwrote it, so now you will have to be rolled back, and chances are, lose things.

DO NOT CLICK means DO NOT CLICK

Juks

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Maybe you could try to roll me back to the 01.03.2007 ? ? ?

Really, that would be very very important for me... couldn't imagine beginning from scratch >.<

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Again? The last one I rolled you to couldn't have possibly been a no-clicky - it's the wrong size. :\

Meh... Alright...

Juks

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Woooooow!!!
It's working again :D :D :D

Thank you for rolling back!